Look what I took fot a spin yesterday:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristoffGS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
And I quite enjoyed it!  Nice for commuting and probably some touring, but personally I would not try taking it off-road. - obvious reasons would be the mag wheels and the suspension, which is quite firm.  

Although this one wasn't even yet run-in, the power delivery from the twin was good and smooth.  Sounds nice too!

First farkle would be an aftermarket screen.  The standard one is about as big and as flat as a 'kosblik deksel'.  The screen bracket looks well made and is adjustable, so with the correct screen fitted you should have pretty good wind protection.

Handlebars are high and wide which make for good comfortablity.  This meant that I could assume the 'meerkat-stance' without any discomfort  ;D .

Digital instrument panel is compact, neat and easy to read.  No ABS/heated grips.  Salesman told me that the one I rode is the only option w.r.t. extras, in other words things like ABS and heated grips isn't even a option.

The thing that impressed me the most was the built-in 'tank bag'/'cubby hole' - the petrol tank is also under the seat, so the whole 'fake' petrol tank area is actually hollow and fitted with a lockable lid.  My Airoh should have been able to fit in there if it wasn't for the peak!  (see last photo)

All and all not a bad bike.

EDIT:  BTW, I did not actually take it off-road, photos were taken next to the road  :deal:

Attachments

• NC700X_1.jpg
    NC700X_1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 467
  • NC700X_2.jpg
    NC700X_2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 463
  • NC700X_3.jpg
    NC700X_3.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 463
  • NC700X_4.jpg
    NC700X_4.jpg