Makgadikgadi Mud Monsters part 2 added

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great ride report!
Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Wow, I learned from your adventure, thanks guys for a grate RR!

Thanks again, enjoyed it a lot.  :thumleft:

Great stuff!!!  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys appreciate the responses.  Hell of a ride, and nice to share this.

2 things, I think I want a snorkel on my 1200 and 2 its amazing how solid the monsters are!!! with the right spark plug socket we would have had the thing started in an 15 minutes!!!  We got rid of the water in the cylinder and drove 800 k's back without a burp!!!  My hilux would never do that!!!!  3/4 never drank water no matter what we did but the one that sucked did it in style!!!

AND most important I have never ever regreted any motorbike trip!  I love bikes any one , they make me smile.. Its the adventure not the brand, and man we laughed, at each other, at ourselves and at the mud, we cursed, we sweated and we drank!  And thats what lifes about isn't it?

Fuckkit - we're going to sleep at |Kubu island in June this year  :mwink:

I hope mother nature doesn't repeat last year's stunt on us  :3some:

Nice report.

Is that GSA Ok now?

Thankyou for an excellent read.A real treat to see. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Been at Kubu 1 July 2009.  Been there in June and again middle May 2009, it was dry!  Took my parents and in laws on a Bots trip end of June.  Why would Kubu be a problem?

The swb Pajero my son drove cut out after 100m of water coming in from the north, we had a total of 8k's of water.  You drive where the water is, because the road is more compacted there.  Next to the water on the "dry" ground it was slush puppy.  As you stand on foot you sink away, that's if the mozzies don't carry you away first or suck you dry.  :eek:

Kubu itself is a wonderfull place and we enjoyed every moment of it.

Come next morning, we took the most western road that should be the driest.  The Land Cruiser went ok, but the Pajero with less ground clearance got stuck often, and we also had lakes of water ahead.  To cut it short, we slept that night after only 30km inside the vehicles, getting the Pajero through at 10 the night.  Next morning only 5 km of water but more manageable.

When wet, you must be very patient, have the right recovery tools like sand ladders, spades and be at least 2 vehicles.  Be ready to spend the night on the mud.

Will I do it again? YES.

Am itching to get there by bike, when it's dry.  ;D

Nice RR Looks like a true adventure

Latest posts