My favourite bike pix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorsland

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF 300L
This past weekend I was browsing the "Where has your bike taken you today" thread https://wilddog.net.za/threads/where-has-your-bike-taken-you-today.202239/page-352#post-5279230 and the pix there made me really lus to do a longer trip again. I started looking through my own pix just for old times' sake and found a selection that – to me – epitomise why I ride.

I wanted to share them with you okes, in no particular order.

I'll place only 1 or 2 pix per post so it doesn't jam up the servers.

IMG_0465.jpeg

My XT660Z Teneré , along with my Africa Twin, is the bike that I miss the most. I have said it a number of times on this forum, but I should never have sold it. This pic was taken en route to Loxton.

20170920_094048.jpeg

Who hasn't lusted after an XR650L or R? If ever there was an iconic thumper adventure bike, this and the Yammie XT range must be it. I had many fantastic rides on mine. No multiday trips though. I enjoyed it while I had it but between the XR and the Teneré, I would have the latter back in a heartbeat.

DSCN1840.jpeg

DSCN1843.jpeg

While we are on the subject of bikes and cattle, here's my 800GS in the mielie triangle with some natneuse. I remember this ride because of all the little muggies that literally mugged me whenever I stopped or opened my visor when riding slower. I was pleased to get away from the Vaal river and those damn muggies.

DSCN2680.jpeg

What was that Lexington cigarettes saying: "After action, satisfaction." Nou ja, aan die einde van die dag moet ons kamp.

Alongside a mountain stream at Glen Reenen.

DSCN2937.jpeg

At Mahai Camp in the Royal Natal Drakensberg park.

DSCN3033.jpeg

At the Eastern Cape Bash.

IMG_6104.jpeg

And next to the Orange River at Kamkirri near Keimoes.

IMG_6508.jpeg