My first off road trip on XT660R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewB

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hi All you good folk.

I'm leaving this morning, with my brother-in-law(GS1200), to the Cederberg for the weekend. I tried to ask, and think of everything that I might need on such a trip, but here we go.

I am a NewB so do not have the Go-Pro yet, or all the fancy tools and kit, but I am sooo looking forward to this trip.
We plan to do Somerset West through Wellington-Bainskloof-Ceres-Kromrivier today. This should get us nicely warmed up for the "real"experience tomorrow. I think the tarred section is a nice twisty slow road, with awesome viewpoints. We'll be filling up at Prince Alfred Hamlet for the last time before we hit the Cederberg.

Then tomorrow we plan to do Kromrivier-Wupperthal-Biedouwvalley-and then return via R355 to Skittery & Katbakkies. I hope to get fuel from Willehond for my XTR. You know these girls do not take a lot of juice. Then, if the road is too much for us, we'll just take a break with lunch, and return via the same road to Kromrivier. This is not a competition, only to start honing our skills. No problem in turning around.

Then Sunday we want to exit via the West through Citrusdal.

Anyway, thanks for all the help I got from you in planning this. I trust the Lord will keep us safe and give me the opportunity to give you a RR next week.

Keep safe you too on wherever your wheels take you on this glorious weekend.
Ludwig