My first outride of my DR650 - very short!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inprogress

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
This past Saturday saw my first out-ride with the DR (alone  :eek: ). I took the Bethelsdorp gravel road to compare to the G/S and found that the road was actually very boring. Then decided I had to see what it looks like atop of the Elands River road.

Went up a la Baja 1000 (in my head it was Rossi on a DR) en down just pleasant since I was pushing my fuel range. I really like this bike and would certainly get me a new one someday when they go on special for end of production. Its like a 250 with a ton of power. Happy days!!!

They will up the price R5k for end of prod.

Don't you know it is dangerous to ride alone ???  Post in planning a ride so we can join..................  enjoy the DR

I know its dangerous...honest...but the ride wassn't planned. Actually just wanted to see if the new front wheel bearings show signs of any problems. And it kinda grew from there. That comparing suspension on the Bethalsdorp road. It was supposed to be a quick 20 minutes. Damn motorcycle, makes me loose focus on planning.

Happy trails.

In progress, glad you like your DR, didn't think you would like it.
(Seeing you appear to be somewhat of a poser, and with the DR not being a poser bike and so on.......) :)

Enoy your bike man!! I am absoluatly loving mine,

and for the record Hagar-I like to think my DR is a Poser! :biggrin: 8) 8)

Anyway,Ride Safe!

Cheers

Hey, the G/S was taking the lime light and I got jealous. Needed to get something a bit more in the line of: Oh shame, he only has a 250

Yeah, I'm really pleased so far. Its a bit strange still since I am not familiar with the bike mechanically but learning fast. Plus, getting my head round chains and sprockets the last two days.

She will come around to be shiny again in the future, but not a tear down like my previous.

Thanks for the wishes Viki....I mean Hagar.

Just want to get my hands on a Safari tank (and then springs etc so lets leave that idea for later), I love the DR with a clear Safari tank.

Happy trails.

When I first saw that 30l safari tank,If always wanted to get 1,But not any more,I see on pics and read that the thing is actualy very big,and has an efect on the

handeling of the bike.And I can understand it now...

If I have the money 1day,I'll get the IMS-Tank for the DR. Super cool/old school shape tank,I think its about an 18L . . .

But for now I ride with a 10L jerry can on the back!But am currently busy designing a custom-made 6L jerry can that fits on the back,out of aluminium.... :pot:

Cheers!

MMMMMMMMMartin....you think like me. Also been wondering how and where I can fit an auxiliry. Yeah the Safari tank is big and will move the COG way up the bike, but I wont fill in to the brim each time. Its nice to have the option of putting in a lot of fuel for the African Safari (not that that will happen soon). But until then, my standard tank will also have to do. Don't have the moola for that. I just want to ride now. less time in the garage and more time in the saddle and nights and mornings in the tent.

Besides, its not just the tank, you need the front springs as well as the rear ones. So its gets expensive. My standard tank has a slight dent in it so I was thinking of something around the lines of the IMS which I though was around 17liters (thanks for the update). So I might get that....might might. But I like the idea of an auxiliary especially when made by one self.

Do show some pics of your artwork Martin.

Happy trails

Lekker dude, nou het jy mos 'n ordentlike bike man! :biggrin:

Enjoy. :thumleft:

Latest posts