My first pillion experience – eish Misty!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
On the ride home a few weeks ago after a day out at the last Amageza qualifier event, I knew Misty was itching to ride a bike again (the whole day she had been checking out all the bikes and suggesting (again) she needed to get riding soon, IT REALLY WAS ABOUT TIME SHE SAID, not to mention her regular searches on the forum for bikes for sale, and her extensive excel spreadsheets comparing models etc, etc), and other bike talk.

So ok it’s about time I thought, let’s see! And spuriously turned off the main road onto a quieter one, pulled over, got off before she could, and said to her go for it the bikes all yours – I DARE YOU. With much exclamation (and no force from me) she moved forward onto the riders seat, took the throttle, revved the engine, flipped the side stand, popped the clutch, all whilst I hopped into the pillion position, and without too many more exclamations from her (some of them ending in “off”) she was riding a GSA, with pillion nogal!

I learnt a few things about pillioning:

- the pillion position on a GS is very, very comfortable
- the view is panoramic (I could see right over her head)
- you have to trust your rider
- you can take lots of pics (so I took some on the go to record the ride – see below)
- there’s no need to ever put your feet down
- sometimes you don’t want to look ahead
- and sometimes you absolutely have to
- you could drink beer
- your movements can upset the balance of the bike, and hence the rider, so you get more of those exclamations ending in “off”
- rather don’t drink beer

Well done Misty it all ended well – I should know by now not to dare you to do anything to do with bikes.

And whilst I’m writing: ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR OP TO REMOVE THE PLATE IN YOUR LEG ON THIS THURSDAY 15TH – I will be there for you

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 483