My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... verander vinnig as dit donker word!
Vanoggend deur Daspoort tonnel gaan hy na 'night-mode' toe, en as jy uitkom dan 'tjoeps, weer terug' - nogals oulik moet ek se, dis fancy - en pas glad nie by my nie ;) (y)
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble....
Weet nou nie van die "perfect" in die volgende sin nie....😁😁

Russian ? I think Martin is from Czech Rep. Those are some lekker dirt roads you rode there. Do you find the fairing to be in the way in the tighter stuff or is it small enough ? Bike looked nice and slim up front

Russian ? I think Martin is from Czech Rep. Those are some lekker dirt roads you rode there. Do you find the fairing to be in the way in the tighter stuff or is it small enough ? Bike looked nice and slim up front

Yeah, Czech, pulling the mickey ;)
Narrow-enough, obviously it would be better if there wasn't anything there.... but then, we rode 'wild' for quite a bit, so I'm sure there's a few scratches also - which is normal (y)

Haven't checked my airfilter yet but I already know what it looks like - but I'll keep that as is for now, this was only 1 day of dust, and I know it can do quite a bit more before it needs a clean or swap!

Just now took the seat off to have a quick look ...... not bad at all, I expected a lot worse! (y)
I also see that the filter touches the seat at the back a bit. Not a problem as even further back it is clear it sucks air there, so zero worries.... and this large filter will easily do a several day trip!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Now off for a service!

Reactions: TVB
I use a similar filter on my 690, think its a rottweiler or some such... unsure now. Anyway, also an elongated filter like that. I use filter sox over it, it's almost like stocking but thicker. Keeps a lot of crud off the filter, allowing it to go for much longer between cleaning. Easy enough to carry a few filter sox spare too, oiled and stuffed in a ziplock bag in the toolcase or somewhere.

also an elongated filter like that

Looking at that pic again now, if in a pinch I could turn the filter back2front ;)

Anyway, some pics of the filthy bike before the clean this morning.
It's serviced now, new oil & filter, and clean again 👌

image0.jpeg

Never mind the bitch's teethmarks, the clear application film of the stickers does come off - so I pulled those which were too loose to leave.
Ah yes, this is normal, underneath it you'll find the actual brandnew stickerset.

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Was not too filthy in any case, and silwerskoon weer nou 👌
Dunno yet whereto next....

Last edited:
Congrats on the new bike Bart.......enjoy (y)

Thank you Jon (y)

I dunno, yet, if I'd take it to one of your rides, for a few reasons.
You sometimes (if not almost always ;) ) throw a curved ball ridewise, which then makes my (and others, and sometimes even your own lol) life very difficult - that ride on top of Lesotho to that lone peak (name slipped me) we didn't reach as an example!
"Grassy Knoll" has since taken on an entirely new meaning for me, lurkers of note and quite deadly indeed.... and I'm sure you remember that 'little short downhill' where I and a certain Mr Blomeyer left our bikes up for grabs next to the "road" hmm? :ROFLMAO:

For those rides the 500 is the bike to be on then, or perhaps, in hindsight, I should have taken the 300TPI there - for reason the technical riding was off the scale! And yes, I'm now sure the Kove can do that - but not as easy as the katooms, and I'd hate to have to do that the entire day! You know I don't mind some "Eh ok, let's go, we'll manage" bits or pieces at all, but then there should be some visible light at the end... and yes, temperature obviously plays a role too, but to go and struggle for a whole day on it - nah, not me.

As said this Kove can do this, especially so with as bit fitter rider than me on it sure, but, and here's the but.... I'd rather be on the 500 then! 👌
Add that I actually have that bike also, and then the decision is easy ;)

So, that means you won't see my bike too soon there - but, for the Zingela Ride (which dates don't suit me this year, pity... :cautious:) I'd bring it, that was easy enough.
Whenever I come through with the Kove to your part of the world though I promise to stop by, coffee or beer or why! (y)

Please do Bart, would love to see it in the flesh.

And I'll take you on an awesome no curve balls ride that will suit the Kove perfectly :D

And I'll take you on an awesome no curve balls ride that will suit the Kove perfectly

Calling WITNESSES here please!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Shit Jon, Mid-March is an open hole on my calendar still, and such a trip then would suit me to the T!
'Course a more-day trip also, after all I'll convince my boss to give me off somehow (y)
Yes please, and it's about time I venture your direction anyway again!!

@FredK , I just am thinking aloud now, excuse me for the thinking bit......

Have you met Jon yet?
You have a bike to run in, if not now then very soon.
How about you break it in around your house, and when it's loosened up a little we will .....

Mid-March is an open hole on my calendar still, and such a trip then would suit me to the T!

.... go pester Jon in his stunning part of the world?

No, I don't need a partner once there, but on the way to & fro I do .... ;)
Geselliger saam, laat weet maar asseblief (y)

@FredK , I just am thinking aloud now, excuse me for the thinking bit......

Have you met Jon yet?
You have a bike to run in, if not now then very soon.
How about you break it in around your house, and when it's loosened up a little we will .....

.... go pester Jon in his stunning part of the world?

No, I don't need a partner once there, but on the way to & fro I do .... ;)
Geselliger saam, laat weet maar asseblief (y)
No problem, Bart. Will let you know.

Bart i am reading this . Congratulations on your new bike, I must say it looks interesting. I wonder if they will bring one out without all the rally kit.

Bart i am reading this . Congratulations on your new bike, I must say it looks interesting. I wonder if they will bring one out without all the rally kit.

Yo Ian,

I'm not sure I get you here..... what rally kit???
It's got a little screen yeah (which houses the lights etc), plus a thingy ('arm'?) behind it on which the dash is mounted, and sure, 3 tanks: the subframe (like your 701 had, and now the katoom plastics have also) and the two 'side panels', and these combined make for the slim-ding this bike is - quite frankly you won't see it can hold that much fuel!
And again, there's zero need to fill it up to the brim eh?

If you do want Rally kit then sure, you can get that also - but then you must order the real Rally version, dunno the name tbh - which has a Roadbook, some other gubbins too I think, a titatium exhaust (very light yeah, I felt that bit), comes with mousses ex factory (I put mine in, just handy to have) and some other stuff I can't remember - or care for, as I will not use it hence don't want to pay for.

It seems @FredK & moi will come to your geweste to go pester @JonW for a ride - and then you'll not only see it for yourself but also ride it - comfy seat remember? ;)

Yo Ian,

I'm not sure I get you here..... what rally kit???
It's got a little screen yeah (which houses the lights etc), plus a thingy ('arm'?) behind it on which the dash is mounted, and sure, 3 tanks: the subframe (like your 701 had, and now the katoom plastics have also) and the two 'side panels', and these combined make for the slim-ding this bike is - quite frankly you won't see it can hold that much fuel!
And again, there's zero need to fill it up to the brim eh?

If you do want Rally kit then sure, you can get that also - but then you must order the real Rally version, dunno the name tbh - which has a Roadbook, some other gubbins too I think, a titatium exhaust (very light yeah, I felt that bit), comes with mousses ex factory (I put mine in, just handy to have) and some other stuff I can't remember - or care for, as I will not use it hence don't want to pay for.

It seems @FredK & moi will come to your geweste to go pester @JonW for a ride - and then you'll not only see it for yourself but also ride it - comfy seat remember? ;)
Think he means a Kove 450 plain without the big tanks and tower, more like an enduro version

In Bart se terme: n KTM 500 version of this Kove

Yeah, and I have a 500 already.... it's why I bought this Kove, it is so different when compared: rides very comfortably at highway speeds, it can take a serious amount of petrol without any hassle whatsoever, so it makes for an ideal bike to do long & far trips with! 👌

Yeah, and I have a 500 already.... it's why I bought this Kove, it is so different when compared: rides very comfortably at highway speeds, it can take a serious amount of petrol without any hassle whatsoever, so it makes for an ideal bike to do long & far trips with! 👌

Hardy se trips 👌