My Lesotho Misadventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give That Man a BELL'S  He deserves it  :thumleft:
Have great respect  :notworthy:
Did it on my Kawa 700 Quad solo first time, scary when altitude kicked in

J, yo got guts, man. You're a real dog! Like already said, this was not a failure, we just sometimes forget that the life learingcurve never stops. I'm still a youngster, and am scared shi...ss to do Sani, but someday, maybe not to far from now, I'm going to put on my daipers and do it.

Respect to you for trying, but go back, sleep over and enjoy the Sani on your way up, rested and energetic. Good luck for next time, and let us know when you have!!

Just want to say mega thanks to all the guys who have given advice, shown interest, or made comments since my initial post. Never thought for one moment there'd be such a response. I'll never try the same jaunt again on a heavy bike, especially my Beemer - it's costing me a packet just to fix up some minor cosmetic damage, and that's ducking and diving, and using my 'contact network' - I'll never pay dealer prices!
However, I have a little 200cc Zongshen, and if I can recruit a couple of my mates, and put the bikes on a bakkie or trailer, the trip might be on. Also I know there are some easier routes in southern Lesotho, and I'm also chatting to my buddies about the Baviaanskloof which is right on our doorstep
Cheers guys and thanks for all the chat.

tell you what we do...im also keen for a ride like that...i go on my 650, you on the bigger bike..when we get there, you ride mine and il pilot yours up the pass..ive been threatening to do a ride like this for ages..

Diesel & Dust said:
Respect man, after 900 km's I can't make it up a barstool, never mind a pass :thumleft:
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: I was thinking the exact same thing ! Respect uncle  :thumleft:

Maximum respect, aai!

Next time take a GPS along with your destinations clearly marked as waypoints. It really makes life a lot easier from a navigation p.o.v.  :thumleft:

hayleyscomet said:
WOW impressed ...900 kms and SANI ....guys half your age would have kakked.

Glad you Ok

Wayne  :thumleft:

:thumleft: Respect Uncle J, I have a friend, he is 82 and still rides his R100RT around, even after recovering from a heartattack! - They don't make em like you boys anymore....Pure Steel Nails and Barbed Wire  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Guy's like you inspire the rest of us  :3some:

I love this forum...I sometimes look at some of my friends who don't ride and then I check the guys on the forum.... A breed of their own I tell you...Wild dogs we certainly are!! Good to see that there are still guys out there who's got balls!!
Get on it Oompie!!  :thumleft:

There's no failure in J's Misadventure - only one proven way that doesn't work.
Kudos for trying, lessons for learning by us all.

Ride, rest. Ride again in the morning...