Namakwaland and Richtersveld Wildride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amsterdam had no mercy on this cool Thursday morning. A few hundred meters from the guest house, we were plunged into proper deep rutted sand tracks. I had hardly woken up and it came as a bit of a surprise. A few km further, I dropped my bike twice in quick succession, mostly due to failure to commit in the deep sand.

dc1ef4347b5d4898b57492892addd460.jpg

2StrokeDan said:
Canzius, have you considered fitting the Tubliss system into your wheels?

I used to be the puncture king, until 5 years ago when I fitted the Tubliss system, and I now look forward to punctures.
It is not an option on the 150 rear I believe?
Had it on my first 701 and had no issues with it

The cold front was rolling in and temperatures were dropping. I realised that I was woefully ill prepared for proper the Western Cape weather we were heading for the next day.

251cbcbc154cf952a70833bf6c2f2637.jpg

My mojo was slowly returning and the 890 started to come alive beneath me.

6c54643ee8cd2ecdc00facaf1490a69e.jpg

2StrokeDan said:
Canzius, have you considered fitting the Tubliss system into your wheels?

I used to be the puncture king, until 5 years ago when I fitted the Tubliss system, and I now look forward to punctures.

Just need chainless now and you'd be sorted.

I remember Amsterdam saying that 10km before Pofadder, we get onto tar an that will be the end of sand riding for the trip.  “Your bike will actually go where you steer it….”

I reluctantly made the turn onto tar knowing that the the “good riding” was now over [emoji30]

940fb8b9753de80f34c8fc85609e74c3.jpg

Latest posts