Namakwaland and Richtersveld Wildride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noneking said:
Xpat said:
Noneking said:
2StrokeDan said:
Canzius, have you considered fitting the Tubliss system into your wheels?

I used to be the puncture king, until 5 years ago when I fitted the Tubliss system, and I now look forward to punctures.
It is not an option on the 150 rear I believe?
Had it on my first 701 and had no issues with it

I thought Rally has narrower rims than standard R - one of the reasons why they are not tubeless. Does Rally still have 150 rim at the back?

Yes, only front narrower I think

I really doubt it - otherwise they would just have left the rear tubeless. Given that this is supposed to be no compromise bike for offroad I would bet that the rear is narrower as well as that is superior for offroad (tyre choice, strength of the rim and protection from dings).

That doesn't mean that you might not be able to fit at least some of the 150 tyres on (I have ridden with 150 tyres on 690 rear rim which is 140 in a pinch - coincidentally the same area you are covering in this report), but if it is 140, then you could consider Tubeliss as I believe 690 / 701 also have 140 rims.

Whether you want to have Tubeliss on a bike that might be used at high speed on tar is different discussion, but I believe your tyre size might actually allow for Tubeliss. Maybe just check with KTM (or whoever changes your tyres, what is actually the rim size - of course only if you want to entertain Tubeliss option.

Hijack off - nice report BTW!  :thumleft:

Xpat said:
Noneking said:
Xpat said:
Noneking said:
2StrokeDan said:
Canzius, have you considered fitting the Tubliss system into your wheels?

I used to be the puncture king, until 5 years ago when I fitted the Tubliss system, and I now look forward to punctures.
It is not an option on the 150 rear I believe?
Had it on my first 701 and had no issues with it

I thought Rally has narrower rims than standard R - one of the reasons why they are not tubeless. Does Rally still have 150 rim at the back?

Yes, only front narrower I think
I really doubt it - otherwise they would just have left the rear tubeless

Probably just so you can run tubes. The tubeless rear has an offset valve.

Google says 4.50" on R and 4.00" on Rally. Not sure if that means Tubliss will fit?
Bike still fitted with 150 tyre from factory

5eafc9d9a17c9f8e63ec2383ed676b1d.jpg

We arrive at Middelpos after 5pm and fuel attendant is not there. Amsterdam makes the necessary  call and  he arrives some time later to fuel our bikes.

ba21dbd7b047280d57a585f514e8b237.jpg

8afb6e17e12d82c49e9bcb631245ca2d.jpg

The last few km to Gannaga Lodge has stretches of terrible mud and we do that familiar dance again as we race to get to Gannaga ahead of the setting sun.

3b9c091f2b7c0ffcf4b933bed740f154.jpg

Noneking said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMypHgoN-VU&t=30s

nice thick sand sections there.
Could have a lot of fun on a smaller bike there!

voorvel said:
Noneking said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMypHgoN-VU&t=30s

nice thick sand sections there.
Could have a lot of fun on a smaller bike there!

Had a lot of fun on the big bike....... >:D
2600km trip. The 890 did just fine

VaalBaas said:
Met watter voorband het jy toe gery?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
Dunlop D606
1.8 Bar
Mooi geloop

We had a great night at Gannaga Lodge. Drinks at the bar and then a lekker supper and lots of chatter. For the first night on the trip, some of us had our own rooms.

As expected, the next morning was a bitterly cold one.

85ce4e82bfe9e1e4f621cb56f6f587c7.jpg

Noneking said:
I love taking pics in general, but especially on bike trips. I like having the visual reminder of what transpired on a trip and often look back on trips gone by and relive them through the images and video footage captured.

I like reading pics...

Incidentally, I had the same issue as 2TDan outside Steinkopf, lost my chain on a trip.

The common denominator is 2TDan, he was with me at the time  -  in future, I will give him a wide berth if I'm in a 200km radius of Steinkopf.

Noneking said:
This group, on the rides we have done together have been very accommodating and even like to pose for pics  ;) [member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] specifically has perfected the staring into the distance or pointing at nothing specific pose.... :lol8:

Me and 2TDan after I lost my chain...

Attachments

• westerns-cover.jpg
    westerns-cover.jpg
    46.7 KB
Beserker said:
Noneking said:
I love taking pics in general, but especially on bike trips. I like having the visual reminder of what transpired on a trip and often look back on trips gone by and relive them through the images and video footage captured.

I like reading pics...

Incidentally, I had the same issue as 2TDan outside Steinkopf, lost my chain on a trip.

The common denominator is 2TDan, he was with me at the time  -  in future, I will give him a wide berth if I'm in a 200km radius of Steinkopf.

Noneking said:
This group, on the rides we have done together have been very accommodating and even like to pose for pics  ;) [member=8876]2StrokeDan[/member] specifically has perfected the staring into the distance or pointing at nothing specific pose.... :lol8:

Did you ask for "posse" or "pussy" :imaposer:

Beserker said:
Noneking said:

I like reading pics...

Noneking said:

:laughing4:

Latest posts