Nasty Austrian🇦🇹 Conquers da 🇺🇸 & 🇨🇦

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always admired the simplicity of the Japanese flag.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please don't feel I'm just listing the following photos without a care.  As I type this I am misty eyed.  My hopes are these photos will remind us of well we have it on this planet and just how fabulous life is.

It is estimated that over 12 million people were killed in nazi concentration camps.  They were gassed with various agents, given lethal injections, poisoned with insecticides, shot, hanged, beaten to death with clubs, feet and hands, buried alive, starved, drowned, frozen, and tortured to death in manners to hideous to describe.  It is undoubtedly true that if the nazis had not lost the war the killing machine would have rolled gruesomely on, piling body on body and evil on evil indefinitely.  If the Allies had lost the war, concentration camps would have been established here in America, and eventually to your country as well, just as the nazis were in every country and territory that nazis conquered.

Please think of the estimated 450,000 American soldiers, along with the losses of other Allied soldiers, women, children, of all races and ancestry, who gave the ultimate sacrifice to ensure evil was destroyed.

You know people in SA sometimes tells me we need a war to sort thing out and it makes me angry because those who call for war have no idea what war is.
I have served in the Angola bush war but did not see much action because of the company in which I served, but gorilla warfare is nothing like the pictures and stories above from the second world war as well as modern time warfare in which I have also served as medic like Iraq and Afghanistan. That is just so much different and one cant ever erase the images and pain especially of woman and children victims of war.

I have also seen some bad shit in the DRC and Sudan, sporadic incidents of an ongoing war between rebels where the innocent as well as US soldiers get in the way. There is nothing as dangerous as a man that has nothing to lose. I have seen some dangerous woman (cold as steel) in warfare as well.

So I will do anything in my power to convince people that war is never a good idea. The same goes for storms....I have sailed on the SA Agulhas where some of the youngsters got exited every-time there is a storm warning. Human in general is sensation seeking species or so it seems  :'(
Not fair to generalise but maybe out of my frame of reference a fair assessment?

Thanks for the thread and one thing is clear looking back into history; we are spoiled and I get angry at myself for being in a good ....no great position and then I still get depressed and wtf?!!

Some guys have all the luck, like an invisible angel protecting them through everything.  The story of Avery Lett reminds me of this type.  In 1939, Avery Lett enrolled in the Civilian Pilots Training Program through the local airfield and college.  Two years later, Avery was an instructor pilot.  Following Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor and America's entry in WW Deuce, Avery volunteered and became a naval aviator. 

Over the next 40 months, Avery Lett sailed and flew in harm's way in many of the campaigns in the Pacific Theater until the fall of Japan and the end of WW2.  With the outbreak of war in Korea in 1950, Lt. Lett was again called to service, flying from the decks of the fabled carrier USS Princeton.  In his career, Avery Lett flew most every plane in the Navy's inventory, starting in prop-driven planes and ending in jets.  To this day, Avery calls his time in the service "an honor and a privilege."

Frank Hoppe served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War aboard the U.S.S. Frontier.  Frank went on to become a 28 time All-American trap shooter, winning 45 Grand American titles, including the World Clay Target Championship in 2002.  He was on the Nebraska All-State Team over 30 times.  He won over 314 state titles across the nation.  Hoppe shot over 650,000 targets in his career, and one time broke 1,000 regular targets without a miss.

Caught up with reading this fabulous RR
Keep it up!