NO SPARK - PROBLEM - ADVISE PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boss freddy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
I have 2 x 600 KLR's of which I am building one.  The one is a self start and the other one is kick start.  The Kick start model harness is not usable, so we are trying to use the electric start harness on the kickstart enjin which is the better one of the two and the one with the papers.  At the moment the clutch switch is plugged out, side stand switch is in closed circuit position.  Neutral switch is plugged out.  We have got power comming from coils.  All lights and everything works - but still no spark!  We swopped the coils around.  The electric start coil has 3 wires, comming out of the coil, where the other one had only 2.  The pick up also sits 180 degrees opposite the other model.  We have power right up to the cdi.   
Unfortunately we only have one cdi, therefor we cannot determine if the cdi is the problem.  Is there any way I can test this cdi?
Is it suppose to give a reading on a multimeter on the coil wire out? A lot of time, money and energy has gone into the re-built and we would like to finish the project.  We would appreciate any suggestions or advise on this subject.

I am also looking for front fairing, tail pipe and a rear light - If anyone can help me with this please.

Thank you
Ferdi