Oasis pig spit weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Gentleman Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I managed to take a few snaps of the weekend at oasis.

We decided to get a full days riding in on Sat so figured getting there on Fri was a great idea, because Troy can't ride on the roads yet we decided to trailer the whole way and just do outrides from there.. We left at about 3pm on Fri and only planned on it taking a few hours to get there but we hectically underestimated how crap the road was betweek Algeria to Oasis, I am never going that way again with a trailer. At one point it was almost impossible to go fater than 10km/h, it was frustrating watching the sun go down.. eventually we arrived at Oasis, I think I lost a few fillings and broke a few pieces off the bikes, but camp was setup and ribs were ordered.

There were quite a few of us already there on the Fri but the anticipation was for the Sat and the planned ride to Wupperthal and back, it was to be Troys 1st ride on his new CRF230 and he was keen to check out some trails. Soon there were a few of us, Tour even joined in on his way back home. R.O.V Rat and the gang headed on to the Tankwa and myself and Troy headed back the way we came as I was not too sure on the fuel capacity of the 230. As it turns out from Oasis to Wupperthal and back he only used about 4L

It was great to joing up with so many dogs.. Andy660 with his family, Goose, GWild. Miss M, Monkey Boy, R.O,V Rat.. too many to mention.

some pics of the ride.

Camp.. we ended up under a walnut tree, so roasting walnuts was the order of the day,

Saw you and him on saturday, he really enjoyed it. That algeria road is not for  4 wheel vehicles, the trailer must have been a mightmare.

Was watching the pig roast, went to get a beer , came back and it was gone. The wife did later dish some up for me though, But i was on another mission, when i Woke her at 2 this morning, she said it was in weskus and blinkes  pad, so I had some fritos.

Sorry we did'nt get to hook up.. yeah that pig went FAST, all 50kg of him, by the time I got there you can see a few hungry people had been at the table, but it was delicious, the chefs did a very good job.

I think there were a few okes taking off in the morning with sore heads because the party went on until the early hours of the morning, I hit the sack early.. pretty much just after the chow but was woken up a few times by a few lost party revelers looking for their tents, and a few KTM's taking off in the morning like it was the start of the Amageza  :patch:

Fork but some of you Wild Dogs do some strange things when you have a few too many, including trying to gooi 'tricks' on your KTM at 1am  :eek7:

All in all though, lekker weather, and a good weekend away and as usual great hospitality by everyone at Oasis who put up a great spread  :thumleft:.

there was a drink as much OBS and jagermeister party on, everytime I went to get a beer, they had a new jug, luckily I opted out. But the first words I heard this this morning was "obs you ma se p---.". Just before the first KTM started up.

Funny thing though there were mainly ktm,s there this weekend. a big row of empty petrol cans next to the entrance later

What a lekker weekend that was. Thx again Fuzzy for taking our luggage. My daughter had a blast she cant stop talking about it. Flatout and myself left Durbanville on Saturday at 12pm took a slow ride there and returned home safe at 4pm today, we went over katbakkies to takwa and then Ceres, Wellington and home. That  :snorting: was very nice even had some for breakfast.

Jip, nog 'n lekker kuier met geen foties. Dit was TE lekker. Het nie foto's                                                                           hettie tyd gehad nie

DANKIE Gerrit en almal vir die ete. Het die aartappels gemis(was nogal bereid om te baklei daarvoor, maar toe ons by eet kom was die bak leeg en en geen aartappel in sig om voor te fight nie), maar die res wat nog daar te ete was was heerlik.

Jaaaa daai kannetjies OB's het het vinnig gesneuwel binne die bar, maar gelukkig is die deler met al sy klere bed toe (Voorskoot en boots is seker nog op Oudshoorn)

Gebakte eiers en wors       -  ROVrat          :imaposer:
Roosterkoek                       -  Moederyster   :imaposer: :imaposer:  :laughing4:
Armorplated KTM baadjies  -  Blinkes             :laughing4:

Die paartie op die agterstoep, die paartie op die voorstoep, die paartie rondom die rooi golf en die paartie in die bar het gemaak vir een moerse lekker aand in die Sederberge

OASIS  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
WD's     :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks to Gerrit and all that helped, I think Chantal would have been proud of all the efforts. Thanks to all the guys and gals that joined for the party,it was goofed fun, oohs good fun.
I did not stay up late after my exciting ride earlier in the day. Thanks to my riding buddy Pete,it was a lekker ride.

P.S. Gerrit enjoy being baas for a short while longer..... :biggrin:

Roosterkoek, seker Klooster koek, sy het n sparkle in her eyes

Some pics

Attachments

• 20130518_112525.jpg
    20130518_112525.jpg
    308.4 KB
  • 20130518_130849.jpg
    20130518_130849.jpg
    316.1 KB
  • 20130518_150605.jpg
    20130518_150605.jpg
    290.7 KB
you better hide your daughter away, my kid had a keen interest ;)

Such a fantastic weekend, and I finally conquered Wuppertal!

The Dommie still lives.

Dankie manne, was weereens 'n lekker naweek. Vaalbaas en Goose, was lekker om te ontmoet. Goose, ek sal maar 'n boom hier by my plant vir die een wat jy verwoes het oppad Wuperthal toe.

Ek laai gou so paar foties

Attachments

• Mei 2013 015.jpg
    Mei 2013 015.jpg
    184.8 KB