Oi Digitaldan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
Reading your thread on the work you're doing on the XT500, inspired me to get dirty with the wee XT200.....You are an inspiration.

The last time the XT was ridden, was in '96 and has been standing in the neighbours garage for 10yrs....he wanted to restore it, but doesn't have the time, so a few months ago, I asked him, if he could get it going, I would be interested in buying it.....He took ages getting to the bike, and finally, last week he gave it to Maniacs, up the road, and asked them to get it going, which they did.....A note for the Capies.....Maniacs charged R500 for gearbox oil change, sparkplug, oil change and labour....One thing I did know, coz I looked, was that the bike had a foam air filtre.....Getting it back from Maniacs, it's not there anymore :evil: V...Personally a rip off for shoddy work...

Well, what I wanted to do was the necessary work to get it through roadworthy, and save the rest as a winter prodject....

This is what it now looks like :D

324652638_ded5e2c506_o.jpg

324652636_2690e01c7e_o.jpg

Maniacs seemed to miss the cracked battery

324652631_5d0f33d7bd_o.jpg

And the missing part

324652632_bcfd792a42_o.jpg

Still like Prepsol a lot! But now have decided it's best to not do it on the brickwork :?

324652639_45ec4932d1_o.jpg

Well offcourse I went further, and took the chain and front sprocket off...
It needed a clean

324654057_4a031721cb_b.jpg

And no, I'm not taking the bloody engine out :D But thanks to you, I'm learning something about bikes, and I reckon, this should be an easy enough bike to learn on....One thing just led to another really, taking the seat off, seeing too much dirt, then the tank and filterbox, and seeing more stuff I didn't really want to see.....

So thanks DD :thumbright: