Parklands sand (Slaapstad)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleco

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Hello Guys and Gals.

We will be riding sand at Parklands on Sunday afternoon 6/02/2011.

Arch Angel volunteered to lead us through there.

I am only slowly taming the sand monster, so  any newbies are welcome to join. If the group is big enough, we will split into an advanced and beginners group. We will share tips and tricks, and help where we can. There is a flat sand section to practice on, and a tweespoor to try out afterwards.

We will gather at the Sunningdale Engen in Sandown road. If you turn right out of table bay boulevard onto the westcoast road, it is the second turn to your right.

Try to be there at 15h00. Hopefully it has cooled down by then. If you miss us, carry on down Sandown rd, and hang a left just past the Builders warehouse. Follow the Pylons. But it would be better if you meet at the Engen. The sand starts by Builder's.

Bring extra water, and a tyre gauge and compressor / pump if you have.

We would probably be busy for about 2 hours. I am usually knackered after an hour.  :ricky:

PLEASE NOTE: This is mainly aimed at the newbies out there. But we also need the advanced guys and gals there. Otherwise, where is the instruction going to come from? But the advanced guys will also take off, and go and get even better. I don't want to bore them too much  :mwink: