PE dogs ride Sun 17 June

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybiker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
Hi Jup, I'll leave the reporting to you, this is just to say I got home no problems after splitting with you guys when the going got 'technical'. Thanks for the jol. Next time out I'll have a new rear tyre, and maybe wont bail out so quickly.

I'm back and pasted. We got seriously stuck when our path(which was there five years ago )disappeared, and took about an hour to back track 100m.

Will post later.

There  is a section of forest in the Tsitsikamma where I had played since childhood, and mountain biking it in later years, I got to know it well.

Thing is, I used to go there regularly, and as changes occured in the forest, I would get use to it over the years. Thus I always had my markers to go by and find my way. Its four years since I've been there and was I in for a surprise.  :eek7:  And it was wet. Winter, in the rainy season, was not the time to ride in a forest.

Now and again I take one or two riding buddies and go show them the forest. Its great to play there and gives you a bit of everything. For certain sections a fair amount of riding skill is required. Today did not quite turn out as planned.

Due to riding conditions, concentration was required, and of course then one forgets to take pics of the juiciest parts, but I have a few that will show you some of the pretty, so come along for the ride through My Forest.

I met Jaybiker at the Engen garage and a while later Flatmo turned up from Grahamstown. We would meet Hotwire in Humansdorp and that would be the four of us on the ride, which was good, as I don't really like taking too many bikes into the forest at a time.

In Humansdorp, at the Wimpy, we bumped into a group of the BMW club on their way for a brekkie at the Links in St Francis. Was nice chatting to you guys as well Kevin. Hope you enjoyed your ride.

Then its us off to Oudebosch Padstal for breakfeast.

1. Oudebosch, just accross the mountain from Kareedow, on the R102, where you turn off to Eersterivier.
2. Flatmo, Hotwire and Jaybiker

Attachments

• 100_1508.JPG
    100_1508.JPG
    423.8 KB
  • 100_1509.JPG
    100_1509.JPG
    358.8 KB
I've always considered the forest as devided in two parts(N & S), divided by a gravel access road. The first part South of the gravel road is easy, one way in and same way out. I did miss a turn due to change in the scenery over the years, but eventually we got there.

First point of call was to show the guys the spectacular scenery at the mouth of the Elandrivier.

1. Entering the forest. You go up and down these little passes through the klowe.
2. Crossing at the bottom of the pass. There's just lots of pretty all around you. Jaybiker, Flatmo and Hotwire. Sorry for the blurr.

Attachments

• 100_1510.JPG
    100_1510.JPG
    309.6 KB
  • 100_1511.JPG
    100_1511.JPG
    400 KB
  • 100_1512.JPG
    100_1512.JPG
    382.6 KB
  • 100_1513.JPG
    100_1513.JPG
    382.6 KB
Nice meeting you guys. I'll upload some (poor) pics from my cell phone soon.
Hotwire: Please PM me the info of the guy you mentioned for tires and fork seals.

Die dag was mooi, bietjie wind laat middag? Hoor nou reen op my garagedak. Lyk na lekker ryplek daar innie bos! het julle nog foto's of moet ons maar teruggaan?

242.jpg

The guys enjoying the view

246.jpg

Nice South African cockroach. Looks like this female was gravid. I don't know what species it might be.

251.jpg

Lots of King Protea (Protea cynaroides) in the place we stop to see the river's mouth.

255.jpg

"Go back guys, is not this way".  One of the many times.

Gee wizz and what spectacular scenery it was!

Going down that kloof was fun, but going up was even more fun! What a work out!!!!
I was so tired after all that up hill, I even forgot too take out the cell and take a pic!
Next time I'll be ready!

Thanx Jup, even with all planned roautes grown closed, it still set out to be a very good ride!

Just a phot of the nice outlook that we stopped at!

Attachments

• 17062012142.jpg
    17062012142.jpg
    162.4 KB
  • 17062012144.jpg
    17062012144.jpg
    111.5 KB
looks llike you guys had a fanstastic ride.  Did you eventually find your way through that bush?  :eek7: Thanksfor sharing!

Torque Curve said:
Die dag was mooi, bietjie wind laat middag? Hoor nou reen op my garagedak. Lyk na lekker ryplek daar innie bos! het julle nog foto's of moet ons maar teruggaan?

Hi TC!!

Dit is a defnitief terug gaan hierdie trip!!

This is just for Flatmo, a translation from afrikaans to english!

This is a must Go Back for more!