Racing Chic took a tar tumble - she is fine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Racing Chic had her first eina tumble on the tar on the weekend ...

She was lucky to only get a very grazed & bruised knee, no broken bones nor torn ligaments.  She was wearing jeans & tekkies plus all her other kit ... could have been alot worse.  :-\

She was on her way back from ice skating with friends.  She went down in a corner about 500m from our house.  There was a pile of loose gravel, tar gravel, so it's not too noticable until you look closely.  Some of the corner neighbours came running & helped her pick up the bike.  One chap said "Haai, jy is a meisie" and then of couse all wanted to help even more  :biggrin:

She battled to get the bike started & one guy offered to take her bike into his yard & give her a lift home.  Another offered to push her bike all the way home. She insisted on getting the bike started & riding home.  All this time she was keeping a very brave face ... until she got home, then the waterworks  :'( overflowed.  I nursed the knee & she is doing just fine. 

Bike got some "character" on the one side & broken mirror was quickly replaced - thanx Hoofseun  :thumleft:

Pity she wasn't wearing her riding pants cause then she would have just had some of the bruises, no missing skin  :eek: AND luckily she didn't get any ankle damage cause she had some flimsy little nurse tekkies on !!! Upper body was properly protected - no damage, helmet took a knock - nothing too serious.

Oh hum teenagers ... I know, I know ... was also there once ...  >:D