Raw Forum Roukie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi there, herewith my formal introduction. I am a South-African born laaitie, and had the privilege of growing up on a farm near Harties. My addiction to motorcycles started at a very early age.

So by the age of 5 my dad got sick of my moaning and groaning for a bike, and he realized that he wont get of the hook in buying me a BMX pedal bike, so he finally gave way, and bought me a second hand Suzuki RM 80. I was in the clouds, and I rode this bike together with my trusted cousin on his regular routine visits to the farm. Himself by the way are also on this site, aka "Lew" on the forum.

As we grew up we were constantly on the look-out for the two wheelers that promised the most pleasurable rides, from thumping 4 stroke off-roads, to brutal powered Super bikes, and now in our early 40's down to the memorable adventure riding, by taking in nature around you as you progress on your journey.

I am having a tough year in 2015, by struggling with renal failure, which has got me on the bench for the past year, awaiting a kidney transplant

I therefore have to sell my trusty 1200 GS Adventure, for my work position also has me down on the ground for a few months now.

But once I am up and running again after my kidney transplant, thanks to my loving and adorable wife posing as donar, I promise myself to get back to the act of pursuing my addiction..... ;) ;)