Riding Atlantis with Wes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So Wild Dog is back on-line. Thanks.

Wes, Stevo and myself went dune riding on Saturday and had lots of fun even after Wes got a flat tyre.
I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Also have a look at the video I made.

IMG_9756.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

The valve tore out of the tube and tyreweld just bubbled out.  :eek7:

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9766.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9771.jpg

IMG_9772.jpg

Ja, just wait a bit. The video is still busy uploading.

This server moving business by WD made everything bottleneck.

Bloody YouTube is not working, Photobucket will have to do...
https://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/michielkaapstad/?action=view&current=RidingAtlantiswithWes.flv

Awesome photos  :thumleft:

flippin hell michiel - blerrie awesome photos  :eek:

shot guys - lekker ride! but methinks it should be called "riding atlantis with wessssssssssssssssssss" since i can't seem to go one ride these days without that familiar hissing sound made by a flat tyre  :deal:

the_wes said:
flippin hell michiel - blerrie awesome photos  :eek:

shot guys - lekker ride! but methinks it should be called "riding atlantis with wessssssssssssssssssss" since i can't seem to go one ride these days without that familiar hissing sound made by a flat tyre  :deal:

Haha!

Bring some tubes with!

Looks really fun!! Cant wait to join you guys again my bike is still in for repair. As soon as its done im there... See Ya

Nice pics and vid.

Although I must say... for all the time that wes spends getting stuck, he sure seems to be doing the least amount of work to get the bike unstuck. :)

geez u guys look like real pro's with ur front wheels off the sand..... very cool pic's

i would love 2 try Atlantis sumtime but am very afraid!!!!!!! of that thick beach sand hehe

1 KAT said:
geez u guys look like real pro's with ur front wheels off the sand..... very cool pic's

i would love 2 try Atlantis sumtime but am very afraid!!!!!!! of that thick beach sand hehe

1KAT it was my first time, and I was sh*tt*ng myself, but it really is a lot of fun, and way easier than riding "normal" sand.

I was showing my dad the ride report and he had a bit of a twinkle in his eye, the kind you get when you remember good times. you see, when he was my age, he rode one of these:

hondaxr500r791xy5.jpg

:drif: :drif: :drif:

perhaps we should get a sand training ride organised 4 newb sand riders 2 get confidence built up... i think it would b a gr8 idea..... but purely a sand day, what do u guys think?

1 KAT said:
perhaps we should get a sand training ride organised 4 newb sand riders 2 get confidence built up... i think it would b a gr8 idea..... but purely a sand day, what do u guys think?

I think that's an awesome idea. but not at atlantis

The sand dynamic at atlantis is different to normal sand riding - Atlantis is wide, open... and flat. no tracks that pull you side to side and wrestle you down... the scary parts are going up and down dunes

normal sand riding is all about traction through rutted, torn up, deep sand, cornering, handling whoops, etc

where do you guys reckon is a good spot for that sort of training  :thumleft:  :deal:

on the one hand i prefer the wide open spaces but then again the heights may be bit scary.... u guys r the experts, i will keep posted on this suggestion, cool thx

Nice video, but damn wes, you really need to change that exhaust. It sounds terrible

Latest posts