Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fibula broken on the outside and then the ligaments are torn on the inside. So I need a plate on the fibula and screws on the other side. I'm booked for Monday but need to try get the swelling down now. So got the moon boot, foot in the air and have to ice it three times a day. And drink my pills.
To top it all off....my medical insurance only covers me outside of SA! LoL
F*&*king Murphy and his stupid ass laws!!!

Attachments

• Rust- Jolandie- 02-08-1984- CR (Right ankle) from 10-31-2012 S0 I0.JPG
    Rust- Jolandie- 02-08-1984- CR (Right ankle) from 10-31-2012 S0 I0.JPG
    227.5 KB
Plates are often better - they provide strength and stability during the healing process and speeds up the recovery time.

Didn't you say the accident happened in Swaziland  >:D

White Rhino said:
Plates are often better - they provide strength and stability during the healing process and speeds up the recovery time.

:) No, happened near Moz border. (Near Komatipoort)

jorust said:
White Rhino said:

:) No, happened near Moz border. (Near Komatipoort)
So, if the accident happened on the Moz side you would be covered ... that sucks

Aitoggie Eina  Mase Kinders jy moet biki van daai Angolese $$$ vat en gaat Ordentlike Boots koop jong

Ai Jo.....ek is bevrees daai breek is nie baie mooi hoewel 'skoon' in mediese termes. Jy kan wegkom sonder sjirurgie maar dit gaan lank vat, en hul kan nuwe hegtings tegnieke gebruik virdie ligmente wat ek glo hul sal.....sorry jong, sterkte

TVB said:
Ai Jo.....ek is bevrees daai breek is nie baie mooi hoewel 'skoon' in mediese termes. Jy kan wegkom sonder sjirurgie maar dit gaan lank vat, en hul kan nuwe hegtings tegnieke gebruik virdie ligmente wat ek glo hul sal.....sorry jong, sterkte

Ja, ek kan wegkom sonder chirurgie...maar het mooi lank gesit en gesels met my chirurg en opsies bespreek. Ek voel maar die beste is hulle moet die ding maar oopmaak en fix wat gefix moet word. Ek MOET Jan/Feb weer terug Morocco toe en ek dink sonder chirurgie gaan dit net te lank vat om reg te kom. So nou sal ons maar sien hoe gaan dit na hulle my Maandag geskroef en geplaat het.

Sterkte Jo ek het medelye en praat uit ondervinding #1 linker been #2 regter enkel. Ons leer nooit, ry net  :thumleft: :imaposer:

Joe, spent three evenings reading your incredible adventure, I agree with all the other dogs, you are Incredible, a inspiration to all. The best medicine for recovering from such a operation is patience. Hang in there, what goes up must come down, its the law. You made it to the top of Africa, so will make it back to the bottom of Africa. Only problem now is, I am just as impatient as you and cannot wait to follow your journey further. Good Luck, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Big Alan said:
Joe, spent three evenings reading your incredible adventure, I agree with all the other dogs, you are Incredible, a inspiration to all. The best medicine for recovering from such a operation is patience. Hang in there, what goes up must come down, its the law. You made it to the top of Africa, so will make it back to the bottom of Africa. Only problem now is, I am just as impatient as you and cannot wait to follow your journey further. Good Luck, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
+1000

White Rhino said:
How's the ankle coming on Jo?

Coming along pretty well I think. Thanks for asking.  :3some:

Had my first check up on Monday and the doctor seemed pleased. Cast can come off on 6 Dec and then back into the moon boot and physiotherapy. I have already started putting slight weight on the foot and went 'walking' in the park yesterday. Have stopped taking my pain meds...but overdid it a tad yesterday galavanting around and had to dig out the painkillers again last night. Hehe.

Starting to get a little frustrated now...but that's only normal I guess. I think I've done well thus far. Now I just have to be careful not to overdo it too much and set myself back.

Will be riding around pretty soon again.  :thumleft: :ricky:

Big Alan said:

:) Thank you very much! Helps to hear (read) this, especially now! Instills a good dose of added motivation in me.  :thumleft: :3some: Thank you. 

Sat around the braai fire tonight after a 500K trip and. talking about how inspiring your bike trip is.  YOU GO GIRL hope you have a speedy recovery  :thumleft:

Dirt Junkie said:
Sat around the braai fire tonight after a 500K trip and. talking about how inspiring your bike trip is.  YOU GO GIRL hope you have a speedy recovery  :thumleft:

500 000km... Frans, jou ou yster jy  :eek7:  :imaposer:

Voorspoed Jolandie  :thumleft:

jorust said:
Dankie julle! Thanks all!
Tans oppad terug Jhb toe van Malelane af. STUPID accident!!!
I was riding pillion on a BMW Adv, and we slipped in mud. My foot landed between the side pannier and a rock. I felt the bone snap. Fibula off...shattered. They couldn't help me in Malelane...hence the rush back to Joburg! We're currently 140 km from Witbank. Orthopedic surgeon says they'll probably have to operate. Bummer!!! Will keep you updated...

Bad luck girl !
Were you wearing the correct boots ?

Bubby said:
jorust said:
Dankie julle! Thanks all!
Tans oppad terug Jhb toe van Malelane af. STUPID accident!!!
I was riding pillion on a BMW Adv, and we slipped in mud. My foot landed between the side pannier and a rock. I felt the bone snap. Fibula off...shattered. They couldn't help me in Malelane...hence the rush back to Joburg! We're currently 140 km from Witbank. Orthopedic surgeon says they'll probably have to operate. Bummer!!! Will keep you updated...

Bad luck girl !
Were you wearing the correct boots ?

Thanks. No, I wasn't wearing the correct boots. Classic case of: "We're just going around the corner".
I broke two of my own rules and in return my ankle was broken. Painful and expensive lesson learnt. 

But hey...can't wait to get back on my bike again!  :ricky:  :thumleft:

Latest posts