Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorust said:
Bubby said:
jorust said:
Dankie julle! Thanks all!
Tans oppad terug Jhb toe van Malelane af. STUPID accident!!!
I was riding pillion on a BMW Adv, and we slipped in mud. My foot landed between the side pannier and a rock. I felt the bone snap. Fibula off...shattered. They couldn't help me in Malelane...hence the rush back to Joburg! We're currently 140 km from Witbank. Orthopedic surgeon says they'll probably have to operate. Bummer!!! Will keep you updated...

Bad luck girl !
Were you wearing the correct boots ?

Thanks. No, I wasn't wearing the correct boots. Classic case of: "We're just going around the corner".
I broke two of my own rules and in return my ankle was broken. Painful and expensive lesson learnt. 

But hey...can't wait to get back on my bike again!  :ricky:  :thumleft:

Ja toe toe Mej Stingy Croft......hou op daai geldjies vasknyp en betaal daai visas laat ons jou volg! :deal:  :thumleft:

:p
Werk daaraan!!

Dis hoe my opsies tans lyk.

Option A:

Take a ferry from Morocco to France, then back down to Algeria...ride to Tripoli and then fly to Cairo with Dax.
Both Morocco/Algeria and Libya/Egypt borders are closed to tourists and neither Algeria nor Libya are keen on letting me loose in their countries all by my lonesome. Cost - R30K ballpark

Option B:

Load Dax and fly directly from Morocco to Egypt Cost - R25K ballpark

Also chatting to a courier company who MIGHT be able to help me get Dax across and then I just fly across.

Attachments

• OptionA.jpg
    OptionA.jpg
    97.7 KB
  • OptionB.jpg
    OptionB.jpg
    95.9 KB
what no beer this time  :'(

White Rhino said:
Have a look at this RR .... https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=46352.0

and then decide :biggrin:

:thumleft: Thank you. I read this a while ago, looks awesome. Tunisia is going to be the easy part.
I have decided (again) to have a go at making it across Nortern Africa. Have found a company that can help me get a business visa for Libya, seeing as they are not giving tourist visas. And currently chatting to a shipping company that might just be able to help me get my bike across to Algeria.  :ricky:

Fixed!  :thumleft:

Cast came off last week Thursday. Physio starts on Wednesday and I should be up and going again pretty soon.  :ricky:

Attachments

• Ankle Xray2.png
    Ankle Xray2.png
    385.5 KB
Looks like a really neat job on your ankle. Was your doctor a carpenter? :biggrin:

Start your engines ..... round the block a few times and off you go :thumright:

Onlt after Christmas of course, they don't celebrate Cristmas on the top of Africa :imaposer:

Looks neat..! Just strenthen those muscles around it now.  :thumleft:

Orthopedic surgeons are closet carpenters whose parents wouldn't let them do woodwork at school...  ;D

looks good . all the best .

Die girl lê nog been in die lug.
Wag net dat alles weer terugkeer na semi-normaal na al die festivities dan kan ek ook weer aan die gang kom.
Sien die physio weer van volgende week af dan kan ek hoor wat sê hy. Laaste update was dat ek April weer sal kan ry. Ek wil druk vir vroëer, maar die tyd sal my goed te staan kom. Het 'n paar goedjies om uit te sort.  :thumleft:

Just a short update:

I have decided on my route when I return to Morocco. I will be taking a ferry to France, and from Marseille back down to Algiers to carry on through Northern Africa. There have been issues with people not being allowed into Libya from Egypt, but I have at long last found a company that can secure a business visa for me for Libya. They assured me that I would have no issues crossing over from Libya to Egypt. Just from Egypt to Libya.

On the ankle: I still have to wear my moonboot for another month or two, after which I need to wear a reinforced ankle guard. So we're looking at a possible April "re-launch".

In the meantime, apart from sorting out visas and all the paperwork I still need I might schedule talks around the country to raise the rest of the money I need to complete the trip. Updates on this will go on here.  :thumleft:

Attachments

• Northern Africa Route.jpg
    Northern Africa Route.jpg
    100.5 KB

Latest posts