Sand and hills in the Zone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am NOT sorry that I missed it :D :D :D

Man, it looks like you guys had a ball...Great stuff

One day when i'm BIG n mean and strong maybe i can play in the sand too :wink:

Ama ride ride said:
Memories never fades..... 8)

So true.......but I think it's time to refresh them as well. :D
Whos game for an hour or two this Saterday Afternoon.

Mark Hardy said:
Ama ride ride said:
Memories never fades..... 8)

So true.......but I think it's time to refresh them as well. :D
Whos game for an hour or two this Saterday Afternoon.

Busy this weekend but maybe after work tomorrow or Friday. Ejoyed looking at that video clip again Mark :twisted: :twisted:

growweblaar said:
Very nice!

Do you perhaps have a map or Google Maps reference of this location? :)

Growwes, if you wanna go play there pm me and I will show you around the area. Its the area between Parklands and Killarny and Zone 7. Lotsa fun :D

What a brilliant report. I'm still often amazed at where we can take DS bikes and just what they are capable of.

I built the confidence to take the Strom everywhere, but sand is still my nemesis. Thing is, and this is the message I keep getting, is that you cannot "kitty"foot it around in the sand. You gotta gas it! So, when you gas it, that means, of course, higher speed offs. I just gotta grow my goonies!

I think if the experienced riders are inviting noobies (to dust) to something like this with a view to us developing techniques to ride this terrain, hell I'm there.

Thanks for a great report,

Lawrence

Where is this and how do I get there?  Looks like alot of fun!!

Take the N7 out of Cape Town in the direction of Malmesbury. As you've passed the Contermanskloof turnoff, go on about 3 or 4 km, then you will see the Franklindale Dumpsite on the left, and the Zone 7 turnoff to the right. Any direction takes you to some lekker sand. If you wanna ride the dumps, go into the dumpsite, and you will see the minedumps on the right about 400meters in.

Also check out the sand track that runs under the power lines as you go further in.

Go and explore there, there are hundreds of little tracks you can ride.
Its great fun!

I think we must plan a ride to zone seven for the weekend of the 28th of July??  There is alot of us that would like to go there and see what we can do and what we can't do :eek:
Will post something under the planning a trip or something!!
Cheers

Latest posts