SATURDAY RIDE FEVER.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildside

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
SATURDAY RIDE FEVER !  :ricky:

( UMTENTWENI  –>  HOWICK : THE SCENIC ROUTE)

img_5243.jpg

THE perfect SPOT to rest up before a day trip and a good Spot to start a Ride Report.

Arrived early Friday night (27 Aug ’10) after travelling down from Howick on the Umbumbulu road  to Umtentweni  (on the South Coast) to collect Offsides Tenere  from Thomas ( Motorzulu). This meant me travelling pillion. It had been a long time since I had taken the back seat but it was a good time  to chill out and let Kingsley do all the concentrating.

The idea was to spend Friday night at THE SPOT BACKPACKERS and head off early Saturday morning taking in as many sights as possible that we have enjoyed reading about on Gundagunda’s and other RR’s.

Plans nearly went belly-up when an early supper at 3rd Avenue Pub & Restaurant turned into a late night beer drink at THE SPOT. I eventually went to bed leaving the beer guzzlers to their own demise.  :eek:ccasion14:

I had a good night sleep while the-one-who-knows-best “ het net dronk gele ”.  :drunken_smilie:

Our early morning blast-off was delayed by much needed coffee and a “rest” on the beach.

img_5241.jpg

img_5245.jpg

img_5247.jpg

Eventually drifted off into The ORIBI GORGE to hunt down a much needed breakfast at Leopard Rock.

img_5253.jpg

img_5255.jpg

img_5257.jpg

img_5262.jpg

img_5263.jpg