Speedo and ODO problems again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelevra

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I had some issues with the display with only about 30% of the detail being displayed..opened it up and cleaned the unit and everything is back to 100% even the little snowflake works again.

The speedo issue was also fine (for a while) now it doesn’t pick up at all. zero all the time, this is not a problem as I can see my speed on the GPS however the ODO is also stuck and I have a big problem with this and don’t want to ride like this for obvious reasons.

The wires in the speedo cable do not make contact and sometimes negative contact causing erratic speed. When I bend the cable at a specific place it picks up again.  The cable is already a bit short as it is so I want to re-wire the entire thing, but after searching everywhere I cannot find the correct type of wires (the 3 thin wires inside) Can I use an alternative? A thicker auto electric wire?

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. I've searched ADVrider with not much success. I dont want to buy a new one!