Sunday fun ride...sand, mud and all that makes it fun!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
After the weather cleared up a bit Sunday morning I decided to go and see how wet it really is out there… :ricky:
Went out on the R27 just past Koeberg and turned right into the Airstrip turnoff … already a bit slippery and wet with a few nice waterholes!! I stopped at the train bridge and decided to take the route next to the railway line and see where it takes me. :-\ :ricky:

Was a bit rougher than expected, loose rocks from the railway line made it challenging! Lekke , I stopped at a stage just to try and figure out where I am and enjoy a smoke…..

I finally had a good water crossing ahead and know from experience to expect the worse, I surely doen’t look deep  but halfway through the water started pouring into my boots!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I then realized that I was at the back of Morning star.. I tried a few roads forking in all directions from there…. Quite fun having a mix of sand, loads of water and mud!! I had an idea in what direction to go and headed that way only to come to a dead end….. PRIVATE property with locked gate… :pot: :pot: :pot: .. and the only road I know will take me to blouberg side is this white sandy route…. :-\

AH what the hell, did it on the XR a few years ago – can’t be that bad!! I roared off and found myself having a fight with the sand monster! “ I will not let him win me!!! “  I kept on saying in my head!
Got to a higher point and stopped for a siggi – looked down to where I need to go ...  :eek: :eek: and decided that I will rather turn back and look for diff route!
Made it back and sped off to find new route,

I finally came out at the back of Parklands and had fun trying to stay up on the in these lush mud and everywhere I went there was deep trenches and had to find ways around it to get back to the road…..

I finally made it to the back of Builders Warehouse and went off to Doodles for a well deserved cold Windhoek!!
84km and it took me about 2:34 hours to finish!! My whole body was numb but what a ride!!

Lekker, there's so much still to explore out there while we can.

Hey Scrat,

Looks like a good ride with a good mix of technical. I am glad you made it back in one piece.

The terrain you crossed looks lonely and isolated away from public access, the way it should be for a good ride.

Typical weather for the Western Cape, this time of the year, bloody cold and wet.

Hey laat weet my as jy so iets doen, of was jy op n lonerider mission?

Gelukkig is die sand darem nat, daai stuk agter Parklands n maand terug, was n bid vir genade paadjie!!

Lekker ride!!

lekke man  ::)  Dit was baie fun met die XR 500 ook. Om met n swaar fiets in sand te stoei is nie n grap nie. ( Lol )

I&horse said:
Hey laat weet my as jy so iets doen, of was jy op n lonerider mission?

Gelukkig is die sand darem nat, daai stuk agter Parklands n maand terug, was n bid vir genade paadjie!!

Lekker ride!!

Hey Andy, was net lus om te gaan gat skuur - gaan jou laat weet as ek weer gaan!! was moerse fun gewees,
Soos Cono ook gese het....
cono said:
The terrain you crossed looks lonely and isolated away from public access, the way it should be for a good ride.

Hey DD, was maar 'n stoeiery maar moet se was meer fun as met die XR's daai tyd!!

Dink ek sal maar weer sondag gaan!!

Latest posts