The Free State Bash, Meiringskloof 2009 report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misty said:
And some more... :)
Some nice pics Misty.

Photos on the move nogal.

Eish  :eek: i thought that was for the trained professionals only :peepwall:

blazes said:
Some nice pics Misty.

Photos on the move nogal.

Eish  :eek: i thought that was for the trained professionals only :peepwall:

:biggrin:  :biggrin: no I'm not at that one hand level yet - haha - but I can do it when I'm a pillion  :thumleft: ;) we went on the one bike just for that reason  :ricky:

How does it go, to da left, to da right and kloenk down he goes.., later the rally scene clicked in with a spectacular burnout by John and eeeh ....?
FreeStateBash2009292.jpg

And down he goes....
FreeStateBash2009289.jpg

Hahahha poor Arrie got some rubber on his brille :imaposer:
FreeStateBash2009294.jpg

Arrie in the mist eee sorry smoke :imaposer:
FreeStateBash2009295.jpg

Luckily it was a quick burnout and they did not disturb the peace too long, John had to hold that clutch in as if he would let it out the sandsteen wall would have been destroyed, the beast was just too strong for him and he had to let go.

DeonDj said:
Aggg no man now on nearly every pic I got a beer in the hand, the beer police will be on me >:D, I tried to stay as far as possible away from the cameras.
Ja that rock was a nice vantage point....
From the other side, Mal and Hentie doing their thing, Oom Jaap and his wife on the left, spoke to him just this morning and he is a happy chappy, we can come back for another Bash, o and they found Cavegirls camera and somebodies headlight.
FreeStateBash2009125-1.jpg

Has oom Jaap seen the black marks in his lapa? :deal: :biggrin: :biggrin:
If he has. we'll have to make a proper doughnut  next year..... :biggrin:

So many routes to ride there - think we need to go back soon to do some more!

Thanks every1 we had a great weekend - the Katse Dam an amazing sight and a "roller coaster" ride to get there through the winding mountain passes.

Sandman did you make it back ok?

DeonDj said:
How does it go, to da left, to da right and kloenk down he goes.., later the rally scene clicked in with a spectacular burnout by John and eeeh ....?
FreeStateBash2009292.jpg

And down he goes....
FreeStateBash2009289.jpg

Hahahha poor Arrie got some rubber on his brille :imaposer:
FreeStateBash2009294.jpg

Arrie in the mist eee sorry smoke :imaposer:
FreeStateBash2009295.jpg

Luckily it was a quick burnout and they did not disturb the peace too long, John had to hold that clutch in as if he would let it out the sandsteen wall would have been destroyed, the beast was just too strong for him and he had to let go.
  :laughing4:  :laughing4:  :peepwall:  :imaposer:

Now I wish I took leave and that I sorted out my bike before the weekend.  It looks like fun and the options for riding is just amazing.

Sometimes it even seems better than the old Eastern Transvaal options, specially with Lesotho and Katse dam options.

The photos posted by all tell some great stories.

Thnxs for sharing it with the "previously disadvantaged weekend-home-stayers" (PDW)...

Wie's daai d__s wat 'n burnout gedoen het met my fiets?? Kon hy hom nie ten minste regop hou nie!! Poephol!!!  :imaposer:

Sandstone is a multi-purpose building brick >:D

It also removes eyebrows when headbutted :peepwall:

Hey John, thanks for all the KARK I got the next morning! UR A PAL!!!!

Just for that you can give me a heavy duty tube back!!!!!

Request - Anyone that has a very lekker picture or two of anything Bash related, if you would, please email me the high res picture (not bigger than 500kb please) so that I can include it in the article that will be run in a future Biker Lifestyle edition.
All credits will be given to the WD bunch.
[email protected]

Malibu said:
What about the last one I posted above...  :biggrin:

Only with the main feature's permission.....he has a rep to uphold... :biggrin: :biggrin: