The Greyhounds Manly men tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday dawned on us and we were all eagerly waiting the days riding and exploring

IMG_2155.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

Big Dom First needed to do a Tyre change and luckily Hosepower brought the centrestand with

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

We had the whole Rocket science department involved and eventually managed to seat the bead

IMG_2160.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

Then a quick ride into town for breakfast at weavers before the ride
The skies were already looking very ominous at this stage and I assured everyone the rain only lasts 20 mins or so and we neednt worry about it

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

While at Breakfast The first of many heavy downpours.

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

From weavers we made our way past the Royal Hotel and then on to the Karoo Hotel where we eventually had lunch.
After lunch we took the alternate route back to the camp and thoroughly enjoyed the area and the awesome roads.

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

Saturday night came and still the rain was relentless in trying to get rid of us, but we stayed for a great Braai and Prizegiving.
Much to Spuds disappointment we all finished our Potato Salad although there were reports of someone discovered passed out with a Cell Phone in one hand and Potatoes in the other.
It was not much later when Bakkie and Bus decided to turn the Bash into a Rally and really got things going

After all the rain and a good evening we got up had a bite to eat and some Coffee before breaking up camp

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

After a refuel in Steytlerville I decided to go my own way and head home.

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

Thanks to Watty for all the effort
The showers were fantastic and the site was great
I bumped into old friends and discovered that Topgun stayed down the road from me where I grew up in Mondeor and he was at school with my brother.
Also great to have Spud along who I had not seen for a good few years now since he moved to Oz
And the Greyhounds it is always good to run with you mutts  :thumleft:

edgy said:
Had to see how the "other" side were living it up at The Karoo Theatrical ;D

BidDom found 1 Kat and decided to sleep with her... ;)

:imaposer:  eish Edgy ;D

;D  u nauty u!

very nice pic's btw.....sheez the rain was sumthing else, mudpools.......how cold did it get, frost in the morning like last yr?

Not nearly as cold...just wet!

BTW,you were sorely missed by all,Cappie would have even camped if you`ed been there!! :biggrin:

edgy said:
Not nearly as cold...just wet!

BTW,you were sorely missed by all,Cappie would have even camped if you`ed been there!! :biggrin:

Absolutely!!! ;D ;D ;D

Would have shown her i'm also a manly man  :biggrin:

Even had enough time for a bit of house hunting on the way home and found Drazilville!
When we hitting the bright lights there?

Attachments

• 100_0497 (Medium).JPG
    100_0497 (Medium).JPG
    113.8 KB
  • 100_0498 (Medium).JPG
    100_0498 (Medium).JPG
    91.5 KB
  • 100_0506 (Medium).JPG
    100_0506 (Medium).JPG
    89.6 KB
  • 100_0510 (Medium).JPG
    100_0510 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB
The new HP2 BiG DoM Adventure parked outside Anne's Villa - a gratious old frontier manor on the way to Zuurberg Pass. Great route ... lost new numberplate to the mountain aaargh GSPOT lost!

Attachments

• HP2 046-2.jpg
    HP2 046-2.jpg
    52.4 KB
Nice report. Nice to see you guys again :thumleft:

Shot to all the Greyhounds it was gr8 seeing you guys again and riding with you....

One thing I will never forget is to eat all my patatoes  :deal:

Attachments

• DSC04828.jpg
    DSC04828.jpg
    60.8 KB
  • DSC04858.jpg
    DSC04858.jpg
    78.4 KB
  • DSC04859.jpg
    DSC04859.jpg
    41.2 KB
  • DSC04861.jpg
    DSC04861.jpg
    92.7 KB
  • DSC04863.jpg
    DSC04863.jpg
    78.9 KB
Here's the video clip of the new tyre going onto BigDom's rim.... it's 35mb but worth it! listen to BigDom shouting at ThrottelJockey telling him to blow-out the flames  :imaposer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAF_un35Bg

Wolweseun said:
It was not much later when Bakkie and Bus decided to turn the Bash into a Rally and really got things going

Guilty as charged...  ::)  :biggrin:

Nice pics, ouens...  :thumleft:

Good seeing the Greyhounds again