The long awaited African adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics, keep em coming!!! Be callling you "grysbaard" from now on, Murph. How's those rats on a stick :eek7: 

Ok it seems as if I left out the falls [ vic falls ] - flippin unbelievable place, Zambia is laughing at the Zim arsholes who have cocked it up . What a place !! photos on the way - The Zambians really want you to enjoy their country and seem to revel in the fact that you are spending money in their little world . Could move there tomorrow - a real feel good place !!

Hello Ant h  lets do the next trip together and see who's the real " grysbaard"

puvavahy.jpg

The boma Hiccups pub not yet rebuilt - but soon hopefully

So - we spent the weekend with my very good client and friend Rhys Davies , who works for Elovo sugar . WHAT A TREAT - these people don't really know what the average person has to deal with . As we arrive at the Lake Rhys is still at work but Steven the house boy has already been instructed to look out for us - and so he does . Cape Maclear is a normal township with four really upmarket cottages owned by Illovo . What a place!!!

Daskop and myself arrive at about lunch time and four locals take care of our luggage and usher us to our rooms at the cottages . We then shower and decide its time for lunch- Well we thought a walk down the beach would be on the cards - but no Steven the house boy got pissed off and told us to wait . Well he took the company boat out of the boat shed and insisted that he took us down the beach for lunch - what a mind blast.!! These people are really something else . Cape Maclear is actually a small township at the lake side but shit what an awesome bunch of people living the perfect lifestyle .

Well this was a weekend that we will never forget , Colonial style is still alive and well in deepest darkest Africa and its respected still !!

The first night we decide to braai and wonder why there is no fire - well an hour or so later Steven and his helper produce the fire and the salad and all the table settings . They even got changed into white outfits to serve the guests !! What a mind blast in deepest darkest Africa .

the whole weekend was the same with people doing everything for us . The whole feeling was unbelievable, at first we felt guilty that these people were doing everything for us , but soon realized it was their pleasure and they genuinely want to please everyone . This is a small little part of Africa where everyone seems to be the same rich and poor . These people take their jobs seroiusly and dont have any entitlement issues.

Wow, absolutely beautiful pictures.

Is that my dad, drinking a beer? :tongue9:

It seems like you guys are having a serious jol, even making 'me' jealous :drif: . Hope Daskop isn't giving you too much trouble Tony ;)

Hope this trip is turning out how you planned dad. If you can't get hold of me, post a comment and let me know how you doing.

God bless for your trip further guys.

Hey my bud your old man is on a serious mission , i got really tired of seeing little villages every 20 km , but he is still fresh and living the dream - good on him i feel jealous and halve disapointed that i left

https://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/19/3ube7ebu.jpg[/IMG
Some photos of Vic falls

u9a8ahe8.jpg

The boiling pot at the bottom of the falls , with the bridge crossing into Zim

Forgot to mention that we also stayed over for one night at Fat Monkeys- some pics
e7edy5aj.jpg

At Fat Monkeys we saw a Peugot or Nissan vehicle with a wilddog sticker on the back windscreen , i put my own paw print on the same window . Let us know who you are as the plate also was eastern cape.

:thumleft: welcome back. shit boet forget your shaving kit? looking rougher than a bears arse...  :deal:

How do you know what a bears arse looks like?