The most underrated route in the Eastern Cape.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great outride.  :thumleft:

Very nice ride, like the new SA Dakar, nice with black rims 8)

Pity I missed it looked like fun. So now when are you trying the Rus & Vrede route again. :pot:

Wow J-mo that was an awesome RR, there was no turning back, the point of no return, once you guys got to the GRP river crossing. Great foties. Jman, that KLR that went scuba-diving, was it Cronje of Wynns?

melvman said:
Wow J-mo that was an awesome RR, there was no turning back, the point of no return, once you guys got to the GRP river crossing. Great foties. Jman, that KLR that went scuba-diving, was it Cronje of Wynns?

No, his name is Johan, luckyly he hit the kill switch before it got water in the engin.
Look under the water crossings thread for more pics and vids.

Don't know if you guys managed to open the video clips.

I could not open some of them, so I just add the link without the [flash] brackets. :thumleft:

I opened them, they worked just fine, thanks

Rocstompa said:
Pity I missed it looked like fun. So now when are you trying the Rus & Vrede route again. :pot:

:imaposer:

Maybe another Side entry into the Baviaans?? :thumleft:

>>Thump°C said:
Hmm, I've done PE, GRP, Baviaans PE in a day a few times maybe it's time for a GRP , R&V ride

In a day? Let's rather stealth camp in the mountains?  :peepwall:

>>Thump°C said:
Hmm, I've done PE, GRP, Baviaans PE in a day a few times maybe it's time for a GRP , R&V ride

:eek:

That's a tall order my friend.........or maybe not.

If we do it we can call it

[size=10pt]"THE LONG WAY OVER"[/size]

:imaposer:

This is how the route will look like. Not too bad. 620km of rough stuff in one day. :eek7: :patch: :eek7:

Attachments

• Longway over.jpg
    Longway over.jpg
    115.4 KB
Excellent RR. Thanks for sharing! Pics are awesome. I see Gv is selling his matt black Dakar? Upgrading??? :ricky:

spoedvark said:
Excellent RR. Thanks for sharing! Pics are awesome. I see Gv is selling his matt black Dakar? Upgrading??? :ricky:

Yip, he's looking at the Truimph 800 trip or the BMW F800GS. :ricky:

I'm telling you that Dakar looks   :drif: and is in Excellent condition.  :thumleft:

PE, GRP, Doornkloof or Joachimskraal (self-catering accomodation at the start of the ecotrail) overnight 1st day , then Rusenvrede and lunch in Kareedouw (or Patensie) day 2, PE

Thanks for sharing! Looks like an awesome ride. Going on my bucket list. Bookmarked your (nice) RR.

melvman said:
PE, GRP, Doornkloof or Joachimskraal (self-catering accomodation at the start of the ecotrail) overnight 1st day , then Rusenvrede and lunch in Kareedouw (or Patensie) day 2, PE

Sounds great Melv.

Maybe a better option will be to do the PE, GRP. Have a late lunch at Padlangs and have a sleepover at Komdomo (270km). Day two will be the Baviaans, R&V and have lunch at Kareedouw (± 160km), and then have the 150km tar back to PE.

Wonder who would be interested??  :thumleft:

I would be interested for shure

sheesh day two is going to be loooonnnggg. Remember how long the RV track takes?

Latest posts