The Quarry - not really a RR, just a few photos by newbies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Garfield

Crossed-up introduced us to the quarry last week, we rode a few trails around the quarry with him, not going into the quarry itself because of the mud down there.

Anyway, we had lots of fun and decided this morning to go again.

Quick pooratech mount for a GPS on the WR, loaded with the tracks as recorded by my helmet cam last week (at least I knew I would be able to find the car again  :biggrin:)

GPS Mount

DSCN3074Medium.jpg

A few of the tracks

DSCN3076Medium.jpg

DSCN3072Medium.jpg

DSCN3075Medium.jpg

Proteas starting to show

DSCN3083Medium.jpg

In the quarry (the one section has been churned up by 4x4's and is slippery as snot, we did not venture there today)

DSCN3077Medium.jpg

DSCN3080Medium.jpg

Everything is already loaded to go again tomorrow  :thumleft:

Ag nee hier dog ek ek gaan pics sien van n GSA in die quarry :mwink:
Lekker speelplek daai lyk dit. :thumleft:

chrisL said:
Ag nee hier dog ek ek gaan pics sien van n GSA in die quarry :mwink:
Lekker speelplek daai lyk dit. :thumleft:

:laughing4: nee Chris, ek sal die GSA daar kan in ry maar ek kan nie met sekerheid se ek sal dit ooit weer daar kan uit ry nie  :biggrin:

Nice to see that you chaps have taken to the quarry.  See you tomorrow.

There have been lots of GSAs there.  It can be done - but it's not necessarily fun!

Where are you guys meeting ? I'd like to do some more riding while I'm still down here....if I'm welcome to join.....

Rynet has suggested tomorrow afternoon at 2.  My guess is that we'll meet at Zone 7.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=95322 reply #33.

Lekker fotos thanks Garfield :thumleft: :thumleft:. Rickus we are aiming to go to the Quarry tomorrow after the rain, to meet at 2 pm ,probably at Zone 7 , watch this thread for details .

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=95322.0

Crossed-up said:
Nice to see that you chaps have taken to the quarry.  See you tomorrow.

There have been lots of GSAs there.  It can be done - but it's not necessarily fun!

We tried a couple of other paths and played in the quarry too this morning  :thumleft:
The part where you got stuck last week has been churned up badly by the 4x4's.

My riding skill is keeping my GSA out of there.

Anyway more fun (for me) with the smaller bike there.

Absolutely ,if you have a smaller bike it would be silly to take a GS there, esp one in the mint condition that your one is in Garfield  :thumleft:  mine has been around the block a bit  :peepwall: :biggrin:)

NB Pleco said we should rather meet at 3pm tomorow due to the rain , will put it on the planning a ride thread also .

I'll be out there earlier so, Garfield, if you'd like to get the jump on the pack we can repeat last week's procedure.

We looked at the weather this morning, got in the car and off we went.

This morning we had an extra rider...

DSCN3085Medium.jpg

DSCN3086Medium.jpg

And then we had another extra rider  :thumleft:

DSCN3087Medium.jpg

It looks like he is enjoying the new XR, it certainly looks at home on these tracks.

DSCN3088Medium.jpg

And it even has a little dirt on it now  :thumleft:

DSCN3088_1Medium.jpg

So bietjie die bekende paadjie mis gery een slag maar dit het dit net meer interessant gemaak  :biggrin: