Third time lucky on a TW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Bit of a history and pimping thread.

When the time comes for a restoration of my current 2002 model I will do thread in the 'garage, projects and restorations" section.

I always liked the look of the odd-looking little beastie. It is not about being the "best 200 DS bike" as there there are other bikes that will outperform it on the typical DS categories (suspension, range, performance, etc).

Frankly, I do not care about any of that, I just love the bike for the smile that it brings when I ride it. Going low and slow, smelling the roses as I meander down some dirt road on my mobile viewing platform is what does it for me. The TW is also my favourite choice for quickly shooting down to the local cafe or patrolling the neighbourhood. A dream that must still be realised is a trip through the Karoo, WestCoast and Cederberg.      

I bought my first TW from Briv (innie kaap in) during September 2007. It was a 2002 model with about 6000km's on and I went all the way down there to go and fetch it. In hindsight I should have tried to take longer leave in order to ride it back - would have made for a very nice trip. It was a second bike that I hoped would also intrest the wife in riding (which did not happen) and it dutifully took its place next to the KLR in the garage. Even the laatjie approved ;D

Stupidity made me sell it later, a mistake I would repeat once more at a later stage.      

Attachments

• 2002(5).jpg
    2002(5).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 176
  • 2002(4).jpg
    2002(4).jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 01Slow and low.jpg
    01Slow and low.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Briv's.jpg
    Briv's.jpg