Thump rides the dunes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

forex618

I took Thump dune riding Saturday. He used my KDX and I took the 690. Sadly the 690 has worn TKC's and not much good for sand. It was fun anyway.

Red jacket - Johan, my neighbour's son
Black and white top - my son Reece
Black - Thump degrees sea
Me with the cam.

It was the first time T had ridden a plastic bike, and he realised how tiring it can be with a boep.  :ricky:

We all agree that this sort of riding improves your fitness and DS skills considerably, and I'd recommend it if you struggle with sand and rough tracks.

Anyway just a short video showing the cool sand we have 3 mins from my house.

[flash=640,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/nxrAkz4aJAw?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

I smaak the way you only put up my bad sections. :eek:
or were'nt there any good sections??  :patch:
Or was that the only time you caught up  :peepwall:

Never mind I had a jol thanks.

And don't chirp about my Boep. In my neighbourhood it's a status symbol to be able to afford one.

Dis darem lekke sand om te ry. Julle is baie lucky.  :thumleft:  Ek moet 40km ry om tot by sulke lekke sand ry te kom.  :ricky:

J-dog said:
just behind sasol in S/strand
Is that the one with the Steers next to it? Kind of have an idea where it is, up the road from Boet Erasmus stadium?

WabbitKiLR said:
J-dog said:
just behind sasol in S/strand
Is that the one with the Steers next to it? Kind of have an idea where it is, up the road from Boet Erasmus stadium?

yep - just ride right in behind the garage. the other entrance is at the far end of erasmus drive where the road ends.

Cool beans! Earlier this year I did housesitting for someone about 2 kays from that garage...pity I didn't know about it back then

Dustdevil said:
Is it possible to ride those dunes next to Sundays river?
I don't think so, it's classified beach area and as such no vehicles allowed.
Unless maybe if you know the farmer on the PE side?

The area we rode is bush on sand ±1km from the beach
and with trees that jump out at you with no warning

Attachments

• 20112010267.jpg
    20112010267.jpg
    115.5 KB
Looks lekker. Nice video J Dog :thumleft:

Awesome video.  Looks like you guys had a blast.