TomTom Rider 2nd Edition - Lucky find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntVan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I walked past DionWired today and saw their TomTom Rider (2nd Edition) for sale. The little ticket thingy said R1499. So I thought: "Awesome!" It turns out they are selling their "demo" model. Of course, like every nerd, I have always wanted a proper GPS and don't believe the TT Rider 2 is that. But for that price I thought it's not bad. The 2nd edition still has the Scala headset mcGafter in the box.

At the till, the price shows only R800. They look at me, look at the till and print the slip.

It's the whole package, including GPS, AC charger, DC cable, Ram Mount, Scala McGafter, bag, all for the price of a cheap Blue Bull Garmin. Or then one Ram Mount. I know it's not the best GPS, but I just love little lucky finds like this!

I am busy installing it now. Pauli supplied me with the cable to connect to the CrapBus. I've removed the screen and the beak so I can get to all I need to get to. Will post pictures if I remember to take them.