Transkei Epic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bliksem! Goeie werk en dankie vir die deel! Eendag gaan julle die peekchas met julle kinders en vriende deel en hulle gaan se......."no way"

:thumleft:

:peepwall: Great review of a fantastic trip! I learnt a huge amount thanks to all the guys on the trip. Had some tumbles requiring good friend’s assistance to get me up and going again. The first day of the trip from Hogsback was for me the highlight of the ‘riding’ trip. Being stuck in Rhodes with an icepack on my right foot, being put to bed by rough bikers and stuffed with all sorts of meds was the part of the trip I will remember for a while to come. Having to leave my Triumph XC800 in Rhodes, driving (with what now will be lifetime friends – 2 Australians and a Durbanite) for 16 hours with an overnight stop in Port St Johns, destination Durban, I arrived back in Johannesburg days later to have my foot x-rayed and stuck into a cast for six weeks. I remember a lot of pain!!   

What a magic ride! Such a pity you didn't get to the coast. Hope you're still planning to do it sometime.

Excellent stuff! Surely the trip of a lifetime with weather like that! Thanks very much for a most enjoyable RR. :thumleft:

I love this photo:
;D
index.php

Why is it always the poor KLR guy who gets roosted?  :imaposer:
index.php

onlyfell4times said:
:peepwall: Great review of a fantastic trip! I learnt a huge amount thanks to all the guys on the trip. Had some tumbles requiring good friend’s assistance to get me up and going again. The first day of the trip from Hogsback was for me the highlight of the ‘riding’ trip. Being stuck in Rhodes with an icepack on my right foot, being put to bed by rough bikers and stuffed with all sorts of meds was the part of the trip I will remember for a while to come. Having to leave my Triumph XC800 in Rhodes, driving (with what now will be lifetime friends – 2 Australians and a Durbanite) for 16 hours with an overnight stop in Port St Johns, destination Durban, I arrived back in Johannesburg days later to have my foot x-rayed and stuck into a cast for six weeks. I remember a lot of pain!!   

Welcome to the forum and big respect to you for getting the finishers medal with a broken foot. :hello2:

Great RR. I will be on some of the same roads in about 2 months, 1st long trip ever. PTA to East london, meet up with other rider, then transkei, natal, free state and home.

onlyfell4times said:

Howdy OF4T...

Glad the foot is healing!

Cheers

Mambat