traveling 45 minutes for dirt in Joburg!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurika

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
??? why is it, that if you want to take your scoot for a spin in joburg, you have to travel 45 minutes, and then only get pathetic little 6 minute rides on almost suburban dirt.....i am so not into that anymore...am i missing the real excitement in joburg...do we have to go to prattoria for some backyard....which is also 33 minutes.....for some mediocre railway track????
this is my ride report...take it or leave it >:D oh, the quarry was tops...pity i could not get in....thanks guys...

That's how the cooky crumbles. Luckily us in Pta are closer to some dirt.

JourneyMan said:
That's how the cooky crumbles. Luckily us in Pta are closer to some dirt.
yes,you are, i love pretoria, i just hate the highway to get there....its like everyone sees the blonde hair under the helmet...and goes for you.....what is that????? O0

That's why I'm so glad I "Immigrated" to PE.

Gauteng:  :protest:

Hunting          - 500km
Scuba Diving -  650km
4x4 Routes    -  80km
Dirt routes      -  25km Decent ones: 60km

Port Elizabeth: :thumleft:

Hunting          - 50km
Scuba diving  - 14km
4x4 routes      - 20km
Dirt routes      - 5km Decent ones: 50km

I flew up to GP the other day and got claustrophobic with all the traffic. Relocated back to GP?.....NO, Hopefully never again.

J-mo said:

Hunting           - 500km
Scuba Diving -  650km
4x4 Routes     -  80km

Hunting          - 50km
Scuba diving   - 14km
4x4 routes      - 20km

I flew up to GP the other day and got claustrophobic with all the traffic. Relocated back to GP?.....NO, Hopefully never again.
sorry, PE will never see my sorry ass.....

laurika said:
J-mo said:

Scuba Diving -  650km
4x4 Routes     -  80km

Hunting          - 50km
Scuba diving   - 14km
4x4 routes      - 20km

:imaposer:

Neither will GP see mine. :thumleft:

J-mo said:
laurika said:
J-mo said:

Scuba Diving -  650km
4x4 Routes     -  80km

Hunting          - 50km
Scuba diving   - 14km
4x4 routes      - 20km

ah, j-mo...we are in agreement....!!! you live in a lovely place, no doubt....everything has its drawbacks...yours i would imagine would be the wind....for one...and a shortage of parts for your bike.... :imaposer:

I did invite you!
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=58054.0

Panjo said:
I did invite you!
so you did!!! i went quickly out this morning..for 2 hours...and again at sunset....again, 2 hours....all i could spare, as i was working....how beautiful the sunset was, swallows diving for flying ants....soft light, just beautiful and peaceful...did you do the run without cocky then?

Laurika, where do you live?

Personally I think that 30 minutes to get to prime DS country is something that many city dwellers around the world could only wish for. In the UK, you cannot get to good DS country, it just does not exist.
So travel a few minutes. Go early and be out of the city before the cages wake up. Be out of the city early enough to smell the dew on the flowers. (Then kick up enough dust so you can't smell it).
Ok, PUI, LeonDude out.
:biggrin:

laurika said:
Panjo said:
I did invite you!
so you did!!! i went quickly out this morning..for 2 hours...and again at sunset....again, 2 hours....all i could spare, as i was working....how beautiful the sunset was, swallows diving for flying ants....soft light, just beautiful and peaceful...did you do the run without cocky then?
Yes, without his Royal Cockiness. And Fluffing Beer Laurika, does not constitute work.!

I'm 2 minutes away from dirt.....not much tar in the South.... :biggrin:

Panjo said:
laurika said:
Panjo said:
I did invite you!
Yes, without his Royal Cockiness. And Fluffing Beer Laurika, does not constitute work.!
assumptions...ha, ud be surpirsed what i get paid to fluff them beers.........none of the fluffing took place  tho...i was packing my house....

laurika said:
J-mo said:
laurika said:
J-mo said:

Scuba Diving -  650km
4x4 Routes     -  80km

Hunting          - 50km
Scuba diving   - 14km
4x4 routes      - 20km

ah, j-mo...we are in agreement....!!! you live in a lovely place, no doubt....everything has its drawbacks...yours i would imagine would be the wind....for one...and a shortage of parts for your bike.... :imaposer:

Ah, the EC bikes comes without training wheels. :laughing4:

For my plek in Port Elizabeth:

Scuba diving/surfing - 200m
Barneys - 700m
Enduro tracks - 900m
Dirt routes - 20km
Scenic coastal ride - 2km

and the biggest plus....

Gauteng 1500km

Laurika, Lyk my jy vergeet gou. Hier in Lichtenburg/Zeerust is te veel grond. :imaposer: Toevallig is die jag en skuba ook byderhand en daar is ook nie verkeer.  :ricky: Jy kan maar hier intrek, ons het darem internet. :laughing4:

yip, so hoe goed is die advertensie industrie in Lichtenburg.... :imaposer: