Tyres Anakee II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biza

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
We travelled to the Eastern Transvaal via Dullstroom to Sabie this past weekend. Three of the GS's are fitted with Anakee II tyres. Just outside of Dullstroom on Saturday morning it started to rain. I know that the road from Dullstroom to Lydenburg is in a terrible state, not only potholes but very smooth and slippery in many places. Extra care was taken in riding in these conditions, however the bikes fitted with Anakee's were very 'jittery' in the wet. On the dry roads however, you can turn as fast as you can. I had the back side sliding a few times in the wet.

Further on, where the road surface was good, one of the bikes ran a little wide around a corner and the front started to slide across into the oncoming lane, he was not close to the white line though, a 'timber truck and trailer' came from the opposite side and our friend missed this truck by approx 2 meters. He managed to control the bike which went side ways and he ended up on the dirt on the opposite side of the road. Needless to say he was in shock and rattled by this.

My question - are there similar complaints regarding the Anakee's in wet weather?
If this is the case I will certainly not fit or recommend them again.