**UPDATED** Nightmare buy into dream build KTM 2 stroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brinkman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
The date was the 26th of August 2018...

I was on the lookout for a bit of an upgrade from my KDX 200, and desperately scoured the  Cape Town area for a 2008-2011 KTM 200 XC-W.

This all happened after my friend asked, "hi dude, do you want to feel what my KTM feels like". That was all it took and my KDX went onto Gumtree that same day.

So with that the search started. With only one available on Gumtree, I drove through to Betty's Bay with a bad case of Bronchitis and a very itchy EFT trigger finger... Worst idea EVER, and that with such an EXTREMELY bad storm, so bad it was on the news, and not one of those dodgy inaccurate reports. It was HECTIC.

I got there, looked the bike over, but with the circumstances I was not in a state to make a judgement call. I tried to test ride it, and I did. But the wind was so bad I could hardly get on the bike without being blown over, I even struggled keeping it up standing next to it.

Okay, so to the point, on the 26th of August 2018, I bought the black hole of money pits.  A black hole that devours everything in its path...

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-[ :'(