• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Well Used Dakar '06 for R30K

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
The bike is in daily use as a commuter.

Bike has Barkbusters fitted, as well as stainless steel  wide footpegs (Thanx Biesie) . Other than that it is stock standard.

It’s a 2006 model, has 100 000 kms on the clock. (99 430-odd as of this morning)
The Bike was bought by me from Lyndhurst Motorrad as a demo model with 91 kms on the clock

I had a slide on some wet tar with the bike, thus the Right hand side exhaust aluminium and plastic panels are scratched. I also removed the Rear footpegs, as the mounting point is a bit bent.

The waterpump seals were done at 60k kms, but I saw some water traces from the weep hole which means they are up for a service again.
She also chucked a chain, and it messed up the Right hand side engine casing, I replaced the casing with a second hand part from ACME

The Sump plug is leaking, I have changed the offending plug and brass washer, but the problem remains – I have not investigated the issue further but I am sure it’s not a major issue. This was picked up after the Oil was changed as well as the oil filter a couple of weeks ago

The rear shock can do with a martin petzold rebuild, as it’s feeling a bit pap.

I recently had valve clearances done, as well as the steering head bearings, the work was done at Northside BMW
Shortly after this, I changed the fuel filter, the previous one run for 90 000 kms before it needed to be changed.

This bike was bought with the intention of using it – which I have done properly, I am not one of those people who spend hours making sure their bike looks like it just rode off the factory floor.
I think this is a nice project bike, for someone looking to restore the Dakar legend to its former pristine condition, and at the price (well below market, this is very achievable)

You can have this legend for the low low price of R30 000.

Attachments

• Dakar 1.jpg
    Dakar 1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 408
  • Dakar 2.jpg
    Dakar 2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Dakar 3.jpg
    Dakar 3.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 405