What is the acceptable minimum ATGATT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaTooMatt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I pose this question as somebody went down the other day and they were taken to task by a number of post for not wearing the right gear. The rider was wearing jeans and clearly this is not regarded as enough.

I have just got myself a bike - the most amazing bike. :ricky: I have some gear and intend to invest in more gear as finances allow.

Right now I have a new Helmet, gloves and a jacket. I bought these a few months apart and only got the jacket because it was half price and it was getting cold. Before that I wore an old leather coat I had.

For the rest I wear jeans and hiking boots and left over thermal underwear from my canoeing days.

I am looking at upgrading piecemeal in the following order
1 - Boots
2 - Pants
3 - Leatt brace
4 - Rain gear

Anything you care to add. I know my post is probably a bit controversial but please comment. I am open to learning. What do think about my approach? My priorities? Also my future plans? Am I being stupid - don't know how I can get around the financial issue though but I am keen to hear your opinion.

Thanks