What now?? AT dumping it's fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lootch67

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
My bike suddenly devided to start dumping it's fuel all over the place whilest parked up for no apparent reason. I last rode it yesterday afternoon but when I got to it this afternoon there was a fair amount of fuel all over the place - it was definitely not leaking about 2 hours before. It looked like fuel was leaking from the tap but I couldn't be sure as you don't really have a great view of the tap assembly with the tank in sito. Anyway, removed the tank but found no evidence of a leak at the tap - not that I'm surprised as the fuel would've evaporated. The leak had stopped at this point.

I checked the fuel lines which seemed fine apart from the one overflow pipe which looked like it might've been pinched at some point. Anyway, as I was certain the leak had come from the tap area I clamped the fuel line connecting to the tap. My theory is that the overflow pipe was pinched shut and when the pressure in the tank built up from the little heat of the day (I filled up yesterday afternoon) it's only escape route was where the fuel line connects to the tap as the pipe is not all that tight fitting. Any other ideas?