Where has your bike taken you today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late evening cruize through Bainsvlei.
20240822_183213.jpg

Monday afternoon : gorgeous balmy day....had to get behind bars.

Pic taken just west of Friemersheim, dropping down to the confluence of the Beneke and Moordkuil rivers. See the road in the distance, that's climbing out of the river valley past the Bottlierskop Village.

455830870_27393475216918770_6358015128375822731_n.jpg

Went for a cruise into the karoo, and via Heimersrivier and Herold to see what's cuting at the top of Montagu pass.
1) entering the Paardepoort pass.
2) actually turned back to take a pic of this Australian sign.
3) At the top of Monty. Closed and no action there....as I expected.

Paardepoort 1.jpg
Paardepoort 2.jpg
top montie.jpg

Went for a cruise into the karoo, and via Heimersrivier and Herold to see what's cuting at the top of Montagu pass.
1) entering the Paardepoort pass.
2) actually turned back to take a pic of this Australian sign.
3) At the top of Monty. Closed and no action there....as I expected.

View attachment 911164View attachment 911165View attachment 911166
Did you take a minute to spend some time at the graves at the top of the pass @EssBee ? Graves always tend to set me in a contemplative mood; pondering the how, the who and why "here".

How many kilos on your 800? It still looks good.

Did you take a minute to spend some time at the graves at the top of the pass @EssBee ?
I know of a grave of one person, which I have ( only once) tried to find, to no avail. Do you perhaps know where it is? Also...if there's more than one please tell us, I for one would love to know more.