Where to find motorcycle battery terminals (BMW 650 GS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Howzit All.

So I was returning to Ibhayi on back-roads from a mini-trip last year (Northern Cape Lite as termed by my buddy) and somewhere near the Kalkkop Impact Site (https://goo.gl/maps/sjYG126wkYdwHQtP9) - interesting spot - my bike died on me. Truly in the middle of nowhere! I didn't see a single vehicle or person for the 2 hours that i was stuck on the side of the road in the 40 degree heat. Electrics started flickering and then Kaput! I had a pretty good idea of what was wrong since the negative terminal on my battery had been shearing for some time so after nearly 2000k's in 4 days on Karoo back roads, it had given up the ghost. Will teach me to go on a trip with potential issues  ::) but in my defense I had been looking for a replacement terminal for some time. Luckily I managed to flatten the remaining stub of the terminal and ream a new hole with my swiss army knife and juuuust get the wiring to fit otherwise i would have been in the proverbial prickly-pear.

So, to my question: I've been riding with the hack-job for a while now but I really need to sort it out but I can't find a 90 degree angled terminal (see pic of undamaged positive side). Does anyone know where I might find something like this?

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• Undamaged side.jpeg
    Undamaged side.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 65