• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 R65 - Price drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katana

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I bought this bike as a project for the quiet times between work.  It never worked out that way.  I got it as a non runner after it had stood for a number of years.  The PO before me, painted it black.  It had an electrical fault that I repaired - broken wire to one of the coils.  I got it running and put about 1500km on it.  I never bothered with the 'build' after that - except for the 'patina' paint job. 

The good:
A shit load of spares.  Barrels, short block (for the later deep sump conversion), spare forks (in case I was going to drop it lower...), spare fenders, spare sub frame and light bracket.  A crap load of electrical spares and other loose bits.

New tires.  Rebuilt carbs.  New fluids.  Running and licensed.  New battery.

The not so good:
It has some ugly brushed paint on the frame.  I was going to strip it down, but this ain't going to happen any more - No time or space.  It needs a decent tune up and some new control cables - I had one throttle cable made up, before I got it running.

The speedo needle broke during a ride and is in the housing somewhere.  The speedo no reads erratically. 

This is a blank canvas for someone with the time.

I just want to make back some money - R28000 neg

PM or call me for more details.

Lucas - oh8three 556 7 723

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg