Adventure bike tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offroadrider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
As with most on here I have tried many different tyres  on my bikes, personally I have tried  D606 ,  Motoz GPS tractionators Mitas EO7  and a few in between, My latest that I have just purchased is the Shinko 804/805 combo. I personally have not really found any of the tyres wanting in the performance department but sure as hell have in the longevity side of things, the Motoz and the Mitas are pretty similar in both longevity and grip, the 606 was great in the grip dept but shitty in the longevity dept, now lets see what the Shinko can do in the performance and longevity, price wise they were literally half the price for a front and rear combo of what most of the other brands were which in this day and age is a beeeeg consideration. 93250km is the starting point, I'll "run them in" for a couple of hundred k's which is something I have never done before but have been checking out a couple of threads on this lately and seems to make some sense. Will update on here every 500 or 1000k's or so, lets see if they were worth the cash.