Baviaans last weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frannarossi

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So after a lot of planning and people trying to go with ,we were only three guys leaving Stilbaai last Friday morning. With the weather looking quite rainy and one guy on his first trip (en sy senuwees het hom omtrent opgehad) ,we decided to take the gravel to Albertinia and not the Gourits road just to get his nerves settled. Tar from there to George for a bite at the Wimpy and then we hit the “sewe passé” road to Knysna. The road and scenery was beautiful as usual. We bought some slap chips in Knysna and stopped in the forest on the way to Avontuur for lunch. Last time I rode through that part the road was full of pot holes etc but its in quite good condition at the moment. We stopped at Angie’s G Spot for a while and met some bikers there on their way to some rally. After hitting the Langkloof road we opened the throttles a bit and stopped in Patensie just after five. What used to be the hotel is now a lodge and I must admid, the place is 100% better than what it used to be. The rooms and bathroom is as good as new and you ‘re bike gets to sleep on the stoep.R 130 pp for the night and the food in the pub / restaurant was out of this world. I can recommend that place to anybody wanting to stay over in Patensie. Only problem with the bar is that the place just doesn’t wanna let you go.I had to drag myself out when I saw it was 2 o ‘clock in the morning!

Attachments

• 7 Passe road.jpg
    7 Passe road.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 439
  • More 7 passe road.jpg
    More 7 passe road.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 436
  • Lunchtime pitstop.jpg
    Lunchtime pitstop.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 435
  • Die Vlug.jpg
    Die Vlug.jpg