Baviaans over nighter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had planned to stay at Uitspan after reading a previous report from Trailrider, but as they were full we found that the next accomodation
was very nice. We had pre booked a backpackers/hikers cabin sleeping 6 at Duiwekloof a couple of km down the road from Uitspan.

With the trusty steeds parked for the night it was time for the first beer, but I could tell from the mood that this was going to be an early night.

We woke up to lovely weather, i did mention previously we are in a drought so not a drop of rain in sight.

A great morning to ride.

You could just see the enthusiasm on everyone face that they wanted to get out there in the fresh air and start the day.

Building a fire before breakfast was just for atmosphere not warmth.

After riding in the rain it let up as we entered the first boom to give us a photo opportunity.

Dirtdix in the background holding up his name and making sure the small plants have enough liquid in this drought.

The weather held up for a few photos.

Even with the cold the guys still managed a smile for the camera.

The crossings all had water and with the rain did not give us to many photo opportunities.The deepest crossing although short was about 500mm deep and someone ,no names mentioned, managed to stall the KLR in the middle. The rest were all shallow crossings with Smitskraal also having some water after being dry for awhile.

After a quick coffee at Tolbos we made a cold trip back home on the black stuff.

This is how a bike is meant to look after a trip through Baviaans.

Great trip you guys had.
where exactly is Duiwekloof,I don't recall seeing it

Drazil

Duiwekloof is 3.5 km from Maakedaat caves and 6.3 km from Uitspan. Closer to the Patensie side.
www.duiwekloof.co.za

Sorry for the delay here is the route White Rhino

Attachments

• SP32-20100806-222352.jpg
    SP32-20100806-222352.jpg
    174.5 KB
Awesome area to ride in. There is a road near kareedouw that takes you into baviaans through the mountains, very cool, but have to go through farmers land, forgot to pay my dues once and coppers rocked up to arrest me on the monday.

That'll teach you for having a proper number plate, cool ride okes, with that weather you must have seen a kak load of Kudu in Baviaans

Paulsky said:
That'll teach you for having a proper number plate, cool ride okes, with that weather you must have seen a kak load of Kudu in Baviaans
Yip, thats the lesson i learnt, don't ride your old man's bike  :ricky:

Planned refuel at Steytlerville for body and bike, the thirsty KTM wouldn't make Willowmore.

Hey Rocstompa will you be willing to send the GPS track by e-mail? Did you track with a Garmin?

nice RR  :ricky:

Snafu said:
Nice RR!

African Twin, the old lady in action. ( The bike not the rider, although sitting down like that ?)

The AT is not a poser bike, you are allowed to sit :p

snafu
:imaposer:  jy het  nou die woorde reg uit my mond gevat    :thumleft:

as jy n AT ry het jy nie nodig om te staan nie    ;D

Latest posts