Breakfast at 13:00 - in Dullstroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plothond

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
I was intending to join Funacide and the others in Lesotho this weekend. However, I could not find anyone brave enough to venture into the chilly mountain air.
So I lied to a new set of volunteers and told them that Dullstroom is experiencing a heatwave - so they decided to come with .... heh heh heh.......

Our actual route for the day

Trackofroute.jpg

We started off at the usual point for the east of Pretoria

Cold volunteers (I told them to dress warmly as the actual heatwave started just out of town) -SUCKERS !!!!!!

Cold volunteers 1 & 2 (Leon & Dophond)

DSride29April07001a.jpg

Cold volunteer 3 (DieterJ)

DSride29April07002a.jpg

Cold volunteer 4 (Gideon)

DSride29April07003a.jpg

Plathond arrived a little bit later and so evidence could not be gathered

Our first stop just after Rayton - By now all participants in the Heatwave experiment were decidedly untrusting and freezing and general came to the conclusion that I had lied to them. :x
DieterJ had some comfort in his heated grips 8)

DSride29April07004a.jpg

From here we wound our way through various dirt roads (and into a township, and through a township, and around a township, and across a township and ...... etc etc ........)
Here is an important lesson to be learnt - do not trust your GPS - EVER !!!
Basically I have not deleted all my previous routes and the GPS was full and WOULD NOT NAVIGATE - DAMN !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Luckily I previously decided that I would never completely trust the GPS and printed paper copies of the route - HAH !! :)

Anyhow, after consulting the paper version ala WELSH, we found the right road (and thanks Gideon)

DSride29April07006a.jpg

DSride29April07008a.jpg

DSride29April07009a.jpg

DSride29April07012a.jpg

DSride29April07014a.jpg

From here we moved onto a dirt raod that skirts around the Loskop dam nature reserve. Man o man - what a lekker road - DS heaven in the ultimate

DSride29April07016a.jpg

DSride29April07017a.jpg

DSride29April07019a.jpg

DSride29April07020a.jpg

DSride29April07025a.jpg

After leaving this section we took a break (Again) - Damn these smokers !! :twisted:

DSride29April07027a.jpg

DSride29April07030a.jpg

DSride29April07032a.jpg

Now we are about to approach the N11 and it's about 10:30 and we are cold and hungry (no breakfast yet). It is then generally decided to stop off at Loskop somewhere for a bite.

Not long after we enter a small trading area on the N11 - and there is a sign the says "PUB". We have passed it by about 50 metres and agree to turn around AND GO THERE !!!!!

Ok says Leon - he saw the sign - and shoots off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: - almost never to be seen again
Now we have got a really lekker group !! - Everyone looks very confused but decides the Leon knows something we do not and follow him ......

We after about 10km Leon seems to concede that he F....d - up and proceeds to tell us that the food is better in Dullstroom anyway :?

So off we go again
The most beautifull views and road

DSride29April07037a.jpg

DSride29April07038a.jpg

DSride29April07040a.jpg

EVENTUALLY

As friggen busy as ever

DSride29April07042a.jpg

Gentlemen - breakfast is served (at 13:00)

DSride29April07043a.jpg

DSride29April07044a.jpg

DSride29April07045a.jpg

After " breakfast" we were on our way again

... and again the landscapes deliver in heaps and heaps - heaven !!!!

DSride29April07047a.jpg

DSride29April07048a.jpg

DSride29April07050a.jpg

DSride29April07057a.jpg

We were enjoying ourselves - in fact too much:

DSride29April07055a.jpg

This is becoming a habit - this seems to happen every trip - this time Leon was the recipient :evil:
I must admit - at times we were flying down some dirt roads at 130 -140km/h - lekker !!!!

Middelburg arrives - and a very important stopover is decided upon:

DSride29April07058a.jpg

DSride29April07059a.jpg

DSride29April07061a.jpg

With the detour out of the way - off home on the old road to Witbank to miss the toll fees. Damn toll roads - 38 runt per bike - damn rippoff

A short distance from Witbank on the N4 - then the old bronkies road and around the back (past bronkies dam) back to PTA

DSride29April07062a.jpg

Thanks to my riding compatriots - you chaps are truely a great bunch to ride with.

Plothond back home and happy :) :)

DSride29April07063a.jpg

Thanks for organizing a great route!!!! :D Had huge fun and good meeting you all! Sorry I had to dip out early, but am looking forward to the next one.

Will pack a sandwich though. :?

Nice report Plothond, so Gideon survived his first real outing on the rebuilt TA.

Welsh 8) 8)

Lekker!

Good to see the Clown's smile again on a trip report. 8)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the report and pics, good to see Gideon back in the saddle and full off smiles again.

Damn those silver Katooms are stunning. :D :D

Plothond said:
I was intending to join Funacide and the others in Lesotho this weekend. However, I could not find anyone brave enough to venture into the chilly mountain air.
So I lied to a new set of volunteers and told them that Dullstroom is experiencing a heatwave - so they decided to come with .... heh heh heh.......

Our actual route for the day

Trackofroute.jpg

Hi Plothond, het jy dalk hierdie roete vir my in gpx or gdb or whatever format?

Tx!

Nice one guys, that Dullstroom run is a jol !!!

So 'n vinnige dag trip bly die lekkerste  :thumleft:

Tx for the route again Plotties!  :thumleft:  I'm trying it out tomorrow, or at least the top part to Dullies.  :mwink:

Latest posts