Breedts Nek - Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Feeling deprived I jumped onto the Joy yesterday afternoon and decided to drive arounds Breedts Nek .

I see it has been nicely graded again.....and muddy in some places  >:D

It was actually an anti climax on the DRZ , it is just that much easier and faster compared to the Yamakar.

Anyway , standing at the top drinking some water and feeling a bit chuffed with myself.....

......4 or 5 Vespas come cruising past , greeting furiously, all the time being photographed by girls in a SUV.

Yip , you guessed it , I felt like a wannabe  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Anyway , just for the record , the DRZ is a pleasure to ride and behold.

PS , going down I took some wrong turns..the GPS took me home...just down roads I have not been on before...with LOTS of thick red mud.....the DRZ did not miss a beat...I actually turned around and redid some of the stretches of mud :mwink:

Stopped for coffee and cake in Magalliesburg

248 km's round trip

Attachments

• 17 April 1.jpg
    17 April 1.jpg
    87.6 KB
that bike has created a monster! :thumleft: well done...we missed you yesterday.

My apologies for being scarce. Parenting is a bugger some days. In my defence , I did go looking for you guys at your brewery hang-out,  lateish yesterday afternoon...found nobody so went home and caressed the bike  :mwink:

S - 4 - B said:
My apologies for being scarce. Parenting is a bugger some days. In my defence , I did go looking for you guys at your brewery hang-out,  lateish yesterday afternoon...found nobody so went home and caressed the bike  :mwink:
we did not go there after all...too many beers on the bike would be bad, and a storm was brewing...we got home at 3...
i think its lovely that you are a changed biker after buying this bike....i am also amazed at what a difference in one's abilities occur with the right bike.... do you have more pics of Breedts? APO was so keen on that ride....cool new tank also!
hope your sons birthday was wonderful!

Pity we never made contact - we'll get a ride going soon. I pitched up at the Wilddog presentation all kitted out (looked rather out of place) hoping to join a ride afterwards, but alas, no one in the mood to get all muddy.

S - 4 - B said:
OliveOil said:
Once Dude - U Rock!!!   :thumleft:

See what happens when you get onto something lighter and nimbler...maybe even younger  :pot:
u can possibly hear me biting my lip on this one? :drif:

Here is the link of the girls and guys on the vespas ...https://bikeinjoutaal.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=6350.msg128716;topicseen#msg128716

S - 4 - B said:
It may well simply be a bad choice of words :mwink:

You know is old toppies  :pot:

Nice one A-- :thumleft:

So you ready to come with us to Swaziland --soon -- ::)

Brandt said:
Here is the link of the girls and guys on the vespas ...https://bikeinjoutaal.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=6350.msg128716;topicseen#msg128716

That site asks me to log on etc etc....

Dont you want to do the copy and paste thing for us  :mwink:

blazes said:
S - 4 - B said:
It may well simply be a bad choice of words :mwink:

You know is old toppies  :pot:

Nice one A-- :thumleft:

So you ready to come with us to Swaziland --soon -- ::)

All depends how soon soon is ??

I have no hassles admitting that I am the other fella , not Rockefella....have to work a bit to put some money back into the piggy bank after buying the DRZ :xxbah:

But , that does not mean you must forget to tell me about any planned trips..... :mwink:

S - 4 - B said:
Brandt said:

+1

S - 4 - B said:
Brandt said:

why dont you join Bikeinjoutaal anyway? a lot of us dogs are on that site...there are more -..and very active lady riders.... :thumleft:

Because I simply do not have enough time for yet another forum.

And the fact that there are more lady riders there is reason enough for me to steer clear :pot:

A man can only attempt to please that many women , then finally realise it cannot be done ......... and redirect his focus to Jack and bikes.....the latter being quite happy to perform on demand :pot:

One of you nice people can surely show us at least one pic from that site, please  :notworthy: