Calling all X's and R's (XaaR-Fest, 4-5 March 2015)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sierck-Les-Bains, France, (Formerly Benoni, SA)
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Ja, OK, so I have been discussing a little ride with mt mate Mr. Zog, and we have the tiny nucleus of a plan.

Firstly, let me stress that this ride is not exclusively for red bikes.
White ones, blue, green, orange and yellow chuggers are welcome to join in, as many did last year.

Gary (Zog) and me first spoke about a dirt road ride from around Bapsfontein up to Loskop.
However, as I was looking for a route on Google Earth, I figured that Dullstroom isn't too far away, so why not extend the ride to there?

So, I have planned a route from Que Sera to Dullstroom with about 85% dirt roads.. :ricky:
_optCXfYl7Uec7ttx6UB1Ev4d9fPAnA4rJKyXBen_u3v=w771-h434

In a nutshell it will be dirt roads from Bapsfontein (or Que Sera) up around Bronkhorstspruit dam, Fuel stop in Bronkies, Then some tar to the next dirt section just north of Bronkies, along the Wilge river and then along the Loskop Dam Nature Reserve fence to Loskop. Fuel stop there and probably a bite to eat, some tar for about 20km, then dirt roads with a short tar section in between then dirt on to Dullstroom.

We are looking to camp there overnight and ride back the same route on the next day. I estimate about 85% dirt.

Dates will be 4 and 5 March. This is DURING THE WEEK. I know it's not iseal for some but it's what we have. This suits me in my noppies, as Frau Guitar will be too busy at work to notice my absence. my weekends will be overcrowded with family stuff so this is the best I can do. Same for Zoggy.

So, let's see who's keen to come along..??