Coffee at "Gert du Toit se baai"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durtseeker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It all started when i saw the RR about the guys spending a night at Gert du Toit se baai on the West Coast.  I just had to go find this place and experience it for myself.

On wednesday the others canceled and we almost stayed at home. With the weather not looking to bright for the weekend.  Then on Thursday i decided to pack the bike and get everything ready.

We left Friday at about 1 and was in no hurry as our first night would be spend at Eendekuil Hotel.

All packed and ready to go!

First stop was for a quick lunch.

Took the back roads from Klupmuts to Porterville.
There it was time to do last minute work before the weekend could realy begin.

Eendekuil Hotel!
Thanks to Magda and Johan for a nice evening
And to barman Tokkie :thumleft:

Saturday morning we waited for friends to join us, only to here that there bike broke down at Moorreesburg and it seemed we would be on our own for the weekend. :ricky:

At the top of Piekenierskloof pas we took a left and hit the dirt to Lamberts bay.

From here we payed the R30 toll fee for the railway road to Doring baai.
Had a beer at Captains Caban (wont go back there).  Went to watch the rest of the Province game at the pink pub.  What a great place.

Now it was on to Strandfontein for the night.

Woke up to some nasty weather, so we had to make a cup of coffee inside the tent.

Had breakfast at Lutzville.

Then the sand!

Met some 4x4's at Gert se baai.

As we came for coffee, we had to tolerate the wind.
I can just think how nice it must be here when the weather plays along. O0

We decided to head back home as the weather was really misrable!!
Had lunch in Clanwilliam at Yellow Aloe.  And would you believe this was the only place in town that was open.  :dontknow:

Got home lekke tired after a long day's riding.  Had a awesome weekend and i will go and explore that part of the world again soon :thumleft: